ISO quality speakers for mixing audio. Budget about 500 CAD.
Aug 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NinjaSushi2

100+ Head-Fier
Here is a post from my buddy on another website but I feel you guys maybe able to answer his questions better. Thanks again guys!
beerchug.gif

I'm looking into what bookshelf speakers are absolutely fantastic. The purpose is for music mixing, and for general enjoyment. So I'm looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers that are self-powered, that definitely deserve a sound card, that are designed for studio work and the like.

I was thinking the KRK VTX6 speakers might be good at $500 per? They seem a tad bit on the large size though, so maybe I should go smaller.

I used to be a bit of an audiophile on a budget. Since then I've sold off my speakers (didn't need them, and a well powered receiver really heats up a room). The two speakers that come to mind that really impressed me were the Kef Q-series, and the Energy RC series. Though these were designed for home theatre systems and the like.

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 7
#1:I don't understand the reference to ISO in the headline.  ISO is a quality system standard for manufacturers, not a "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval".

#2: This is the discussion for Top Of The Line a/k/a Hi-End equipment.  $500 monitors are out of place here.

#3: Also out of place in this particular forum is any general speaker discussion (with the certain rare exceptions, generally pertaining to point #2 above). A better location is the forum labeled "Cables, Tweaks, Power, Speakers, Accessories"

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
#1:I don't understand the reference to ISO in the headline.  ISO is a quality system standard for manufacturers, not a "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval".

#2: This is the discussion for Top Of The Line a/k/a Hi-End equipment.  $500 monitors are out of place here.

#3: Also out of place in this particular forum is any general speaker discussion (with the certain rare exceptions, generally pertaining to point #2 above). A better location is the forum labeled "Cables, Tweaks, Power, Speakers, Accessories"

What are you talking about!? Are you gifted?... ISO is In search of. No one ever said monitors... said speakers.. Where the heck (can't cus..) did you get monitors!? Bah, where is PurpleAngel, or NamelessPFG, or  Obobskivich when you need them. You have severely lost me.

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 7
I am afraid, you are the confused one. 

ISO is the International Standards Organization
I.S.O. is an abbreviation for In Search Of, which again belongs in another forum: see For Sale/Trade.  Or Craiglist, if you swing that way.

To avoid spreading your confusion, use the correct one for the suitable application.  If you write ISO and mean I.S.O., whose fault is that?

If you don't know even the basics about mixing audio, you probably should not be asking questions about it.  Until then, have some edu-macation.

Quote:
Among audio engineers, the term monitor usually implies that the speaker is designed to produce relatively flat (linear) phase and frequency responses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_monitor

Now since we have clearly shown that you do not understand anything you're writing about, I trust you can find a different forum to be ignorant in?  Thanks!

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Now since we have clearly shown that you do not understand anything you're writing about, I trust you can find a different forum to be ignorant in?  Thanks!

That was rude and uncalled for.

NinjaSushi2, he is right that this is the wrong forum. The people frequenting this area are looking at head-gear in the thousands. You will probably find more help if you try again in the "Cables, Tweaks, Power, Speakers, Accessories" subforum. 

Also to avoid future confusion, perhaps try LF (looking for) instead? 
wink.gif

EDIT: New thread made. Thanks.

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
I am afraid, you are the confused one. 

ISO is the International Standards Organization
I.S.O. is an abbreviation for In Search Of, which again belongs in another forum: see For Sale/Trade.  Or Craiglist, if you swing that way.

To be fair I haven't really seen people us I.S.O. and ISO seems to be the acronym to denote In Search Of in internet parlance. Whether that is technically correct (which I should remind all who read this is the only kind of correct) or not is another story.

However to your credit without any grammatical separation, such as a colon or brackets, ISO can be easily construed as an adjective to the "quality." "ISO: Quality Spekers..." removes much of the associated ambiguity.

His response was uncalled for and rather insulting though, which is ultimately what matters regardless of whether you were correct or not.

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 7
Relax guys I was wrong last night. I was trolling because I got another flat tire and took it out on Mr. Speckles or w/e. Second one in 6 months and tires are expensive. Plus it was the incorrect forum.

Consider this an official apology. Was in a crappy mood was all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back