ISO ~$350 headphones with good isolation to wear over eyeglasses
Sep 23, 2019 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ides

New Head-Fier
I'll be wearing these working from home with occasional sounds of loud children just a thin ceiling/wall away, listening to music while I code. I'm somewhat of a basshead, but not too crazy in that direction. My last earphones were the Westone Alpha Adventure 6.5mm Mirco Driver In-Ear Earphones, which I like, but want to get away from in-ear.

Most importantly, I want something comfortable to wear for 1-3 hour stretches. I have little experience with on-ear/over the ear headphones, but can say the free pair of Beats Solo3 cans I got with my last laptop are not comfortable at all, pressing on my ears and eyeglasses with more pressure than I want.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Sep 25, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 3
I wear glasses with thick frames, so i completely understand what you mean.

for 350 USD, you could find yourself a few good headphones on amazon. im currently using my Bang & Olufsen H6 (Gen2) as my outdoor/train/office headphone.

if you dont mind looking into the used market you could find more pairs of higher end headphones.

I know the Sony Z7m2 have fantastic seal and great bass, however, they're out of your price range even used/open box.

maybe look into the BeyerDynamic DT 770, as far as im aware they're within your budget, and have great bass. i own the 1990 Pro and the comfort is great and with the pads they seal excellent because they're not leather/protein.

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply! On a lark I ordered the Sony MDR-1AM2 mainly based on numerous reviews highlighting how light and comfortable they are. The isolation seems sufficient when music is playing and they certainly are light, although after an hour or so I do feel some discomfort on the top of my head from the headband.

I will take a look at your suggestions, as at this point I'm considering auditioning other models with an eye towards possibly returning the Sonys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back