ISK HP-980 (AKG K271 clone)
Sep 29, 2015 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Wisor

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I went to a local HIFI store to check some monitor speakers and I almost came home with a new pair of headphones :p

I am talking about ISK HP 980 and they look like AKG K271. Local seller told me, ISK is making headphone housings for AKG and they started their own line of headphones.

I was looking on the web about ISK and they have a lot of headphones on the market, which are unknown in my country.

I didn't had a lot of time to test HP980, but they look very well made (way better then superlux, basicly they are the same as AKG K271 without the AKG logo). Price here in Slovenia for them is 54€ which is 1/3 of price for K271. I notice the bass was way deeper and stronger (like on superlux), but unfortenetely I didn't have any time for a complete test.

Do you guys have any experience with ISK headphones ?

I think I am going to buy them for 54€.

http://www.isk-audio.com/products_detail/&productId=177.html

Best regards,
Z

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 4
I've recently discovered this brand as well and not sure what to make of it. It looks like they use the same or similar housing to quite a few popular headphones. The specs are completely different which indicates that they use different drivers than the headphones they are copying or possibly OEM for.

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #4 of 4
I bought HD 980 today for 50€. They are very well made. Tested them a bit, for my opinion bass is way to strong on high volumes, I had to lower it for 6db under 100hz. Mids are warm and good, highs are crystal clear.

I consider them as good buy for that price. I will have them for portable use with cmoy. The good is they are made out of AKG 271 and spare parts fit them perfectly, just driver is different on HD 980. But I guess we have to eat that if we get headphones 100€ cheaper.

EDIT:
I added an extra layer of foam under pads, and bass is now much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back