Is X5 / A3 the only choice for me???
Dec 13, 2007 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

panigrahi

New Head-Fier
Hi Friends,

My first MP3 player is iAudio CW300 (Imported from Korea on its launch). I was very very happy with it for a long long time. Then I tried many players like X5, iPod, T9, N5, N202, Zen, Sansa, Zune and few more. Out of the above players, I was quite satisfied with X5 and T9. One of my friend took my X5 (He liked the sound quality) and another the T9 (She liked the cuteness). I started searching for some other options. I had 2 Zune till yesterday. I HATE the PROPIETARY SOFTWARE so much, I threw and broke 1 Zune out of frustration.

The new MP3 player MUST be a drag-n-drop player. This time I am looking for more capacity around 60 Gigs. The player I would love is Kenwood. That is not in the list as it requires its own software. The 60 GB A3 Black will take some time to come to US. I could not believe, I was left with only option of buying X5 again (Most probably Rockbox it if buy). Is there any good sounding MP3 players with drag-n-drop option?

P.S. : Anybody else had this frustrating experience with Propietary Softwares? It might be just my mind-block, but somehow can't get over it.

I would really appreciate your reply.

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by panigrahi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
".... I had 2 Zune till yesterday. I HATE the PROPIETARY SOFTWARE so much, I threw and broke 1 Zune out of frustration....."

I would suggest THIS.
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 18
redface.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would suggest THIS.
wink.gif

I might try that
redface.gif
. It may be just me. Somehow I can't stand re-arranging all my songs, going through help for simple stuff, etc. For example, 1 assorted CD comes up with 20 or so different albums on Zune.

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

redface.gif

I might try that
redface.gif
. It may be just me. Somehow I can't stand re-arranging all my songs, going through help for simple stuff, etc. For example, 1 assorted CD comes up with 20 or so different albums on Zune.

Yes, Ive experienced that when adding compilations of music from different artists like Now Thats What I Call Music. A fix Ive found to work, is to CTRL+A all of the songs and edit the ID Tags so that they would be listed as in the same Album, and if necessary, edit artists to Various, etc.

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seufari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a 60gb ipod with rockbox...

I love it...

If I have iPod and X5 both rockboxed and use lineout, how would they compare in terms of sound quality?

Dec 15, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #12 of 18
Let's just say for the 2 years that I've used my A2, I've only encountered less than 10 files that won't play...the codec support is amazing, I haven't converted anything for my A2 other than RMVB files, which almost no PMPs support.

From what I've read on various forums, it seems like the A2 is either on par or above the X5 in terms of sound quality.

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

If I have iPod and X5 both rockboxed and use lineout, how would they compare in terms of sound quality?

Thank you everybody for your help.

I have heard that the line out of rockboxed iPod has very good sound quality. Has anybody compared it side by side with X5 lineout (preferably rockboxed)?

Dec 15, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Thank you everybody for your help.

I have heard that the line out of rockboxed iPod has very good sound quality. Has anybody compared it side by side with X5 lineout (preferably rockboxed)?

EDIT: removed info as I'm searching for information to back it up. It's been a while since I was reading up on the X5...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back