Is Vibration Control helpful with Headphone systems?
Sep 21, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #62 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by fzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seems like the core issue here is whether vibration effects the sound of a system using no speakers, and specifically with regard to the components which themselves do not have any moving parts....

i have done some listening comparisons with my diy headphone amp and denon 7000's. the differences are subtle, but repeatable, and some are musically significant improvements. I'm not sure if it's ok to discuss specific brands/products outside of our sponsored forum, but if there's interest, I can put up a thread there.....

Yes this is the kind of info I was interested in. I would be interested in what products you used, so please include a link here if you do start a thread on your sponsored forum.

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #64 of 66
Sep 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Mapleshade Audio Products - Surefoot v.3 under my Darkvoice 336SE on a 15"x15" wood platform and these Mapleshade Audio Products - IsoBlocks under it. And these Dedicated Audio - Cardas Golden Myrtlewood Cuboids SMALL under the Arcam CD 73 and I like the results.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the mostly Mapleshade products. I have looked at their products. Their theory is that their footers drain internally generated vibrations out of equipment, which if correct should help even with a headphone system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back