Is V-moda M100 good for heavy music?
Apr 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sk412

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I am contemplating on getting the M100, however I want to hear a few of your opinions on how it is for heavy music. I listen mostly to metalcore and hardcore music.

some examples bands are:
1) Bullet For My Valentine
2) As I Lay Dying
3) A Day To Remember
4) Of Mice and Men
5) Issues
6) Volumes
7) Attila
8) Parkway Drive
9) Memphis May Fire

Apr 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 7
Honestly, I think m100s are a bit bass heavy for that, I'm not sure how accurate the bass is compared to the m80s, since I've only used those and not the 100s, but they seemed a bit too slow for faster metal. I like quicker bass for metal, but the mids on the 100s would be pretty nice for it.

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 7
I wouldn't get the m100's they do not respond fast enough for blast beats and fast double bass sections I've spent a little time with them and the lp2's and really like them but mostly for dubstep and electronic music... I find them muddy when music gets fast...

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #6 of 7
I wouldn't get the m100's they do not respond fast enough for blast beats and fast double bass sections I've spent a little time with them and the lp2's and really like them but mostly for dubstep and electronic music... I find them muddy when music gets fast...

Thanks so much for your input. Do you or does anyone who read this comment have any recommendations for a headphone around the $300 price range that is great for the type of music I listen to?

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 7
For metal I usually grab my m50's or by grado 225i's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back