Is TIN T2 the right Chi-fi for me?
Aug 20, 2019 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

GuilS

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy a new pair under $40 for listening mostly to Symphonic Metal and Rock stuff in general.

I'm new to this but it seems people recommend neutral headphones for Rock. After some searching, I think the best I could find was the TIN T2 due to it's supposed good resolution and clarity in busy songs and the quality of vocals. However, I'm a bit worried that it's lack of bass will remove that headbanging feeling, you know?

I was also considering KZ ZSN but apparently it has weird frequency spikes. Other KZ headphones appear too V-shaped and harsh on the highs...

So, do you guys know of better options for me? I'm prioritizing good definition and a good sound for Symphonic Metal.

By the way, I won't use any external DAC and amp, just plug it on the laptop and smartphone, both low-end.

Aug 20, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 9
Don’t know about the Tin T2 as I haven’t heard them but have heard some good things about them though but mostly that they are also pretty bright also. The KZ ZS10 is not V shaped and think is pretty good.

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #4 of 9
Yeah agree with the above posters.

Get KZ ZS10 Pro if you want details, clarity, instrument separation and a slightly brighter sound signature. The treble is not too harsh for a typical CHIFI V shaped profile IMHO. For ~ 35 USD it does little wrong and is quite an all rounder.

The non pro KZ ZS10 is darker and has greater bass quantity (but it is muddier than the ZS10 Pro). Soundstage is a bit wider in non pro KZ ZS10, but the details, clarity, instrument separation are lesser.

I don't own the T2 but it has good reviews for clarity and details, though lacking in the bass department. But there is a bass vent mod some of the headfiers here use to improve the bass - check out the forums for more details.

Aug 21, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #7 of 9
Thanks for the advice guys. I will take a better look at the KZ ZS10 Pro.

Do you think I will get hissing with the ZS10 Pro? Because I had a KZ ED9 for a short time and it was hissing too much connected to my devices. Is it possible to guess what will happen based on impedance and sensitivity?

ED9: Sensitivity: 106dB; Impedance: 18Ω
ZS10 Pro: Sensitivity: 111dB; Impedance: 30Ω
TIN T2: Sensitivity: 102dB; Impedance: 16Ω

I get zero hissing using old over ear headphones with 32Ω and sensitivity of 96dB.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for the advice guys. I will take a better look at the KZ ZS10 Pro.

Do you think I will get hissing with the ZS10 Pro? Because I had a KZ ED9 for a short time and it was hissing too much connected to my devices. Is it possible to guess what will happen based on impedance and sensitivity?

ED9: Sensitivity: 106dB; Impedance: 18Ω
ZS10 Pro: Sensitivity: 111dB; Impedance: 30Ω
TIN T2: Sensitivity: 102dB; Impedance: 16Ω

I get zero hissing using old over ear headphones with 32Ω and sensitivity of 96dB.

I do get hissing on ZS 10 pro with PC and phone. But it is a very small amount and with music playing it is not noticeable.
But I found that attaching an amp/in line volume controller/Impedance matching tool elimates the hiss.

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #9 of 9
I've not got the KZ ZS10 Pro but I have the non-pro, the tin T2 and the Blon BL03. Of the three my recommendation would be the Blon. It isn't quite as natural as the T2 but it's a fair bit punchier. It's still a fairly neutral sound but there is a small boost to the bass. The ZS10 has its merits and is often a fair bit cheaper but it isn't on a par sonically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back