is this worth it?
Nov 7, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 39
I wonder how the Solaris will compare to the Andromeda. Vega was supposed to be their flagship, but most people liked the Andromeda better, so they ended up discounting the Vega and naming Andromeda the flagship instead.

Nov 7, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 39
I wonder how the Solaris will compare to the Andromeda. Vega was supposed to be their flagship, but most people liked the Andromeda better, so they ended up discounting the Vega and naming Andromeda the flagship instead.
Wrong, their current flagship is the atlas, Solaris and equinox, Vega and andromeda is so yesterday flagship:ksc75smile:

Nov 7, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 39
I had the Jupiter and then went to the Andro. Serious upgrade. Was worth the extra. I have not tried the Solaris nor the Atlas. I did try the Comet and did not like the form, hard to get a decent seal. So if the Atlas is similar, won't be for me. My 2 cents, if you go for the Andro, you won't be disappointed.

Nov 7, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 39
Wrong, their current flagship is the atlas, Solaris and equinox, Vega and andromeda is so yesterday flagship:ksc75smile:

IMO Vega is better than Atlas. That aside, though, CA’s flagships should be Solaris (Hybrid), Equinox/Atlas (DD), and Andromeda (BA), no?

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 39
IMO Vega is better than Atlas. That aside, though, CA’s flagships should be Solaris (Hybrid), Equinox/Atlas (DD), and Andromeda (BA), no?
I think Solaris is the true flagship since it builds up from an amalgamation of Atlas and Andromeda drivers. It is similar to how Jupiter led to Andromeda.

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #9 of 39
I think Solaris is the true flagship since it builds up from an amalgamation of Atlas and Andromeda drivers. It is similar to how Jupiter led to Andromeda.
Will wait until hype dies down. Solaris thread is garbage right now. :floatsmile:

Solaris thread - Ooooo woowww Solaris. Gimme gimme gimme hot hot hot. Ooogggaa ooooogggga

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #10 of 39

Haven’t heard Solaris yet, but if it is as good as people say, I could buy that argument. (My main point was more that Atlas/Equinox shouldn’t be included in that category if Andro isn’t. If anything, IMO, Andromeda far outclasses Atlas.)

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #11 of 39
Will wait until hype dies down. Solaris thread is garbage right now. :floatsmile:

Solaris thread - Ooooo woowww Solaris. Gimme gimme gimme hot hot hot. Ooogggaa ooooogggga
Someone is salty :p Did you not like the Solaris?

Haven’t heard Solaris yet, but if it is as good as people say, I could buy that argument. (My main point was more that Atlas/Equinox shouldn’t be included in that category if Andro isn’t. If anything, IMO, Andromeda far outclasses Atlas.)
Again depends on the context. Andromeda cannot do what the Atlas does, bass texture, physicality and warm vocals. Although I have not heard an Atlas, I am going by my Vega and trusted impressions. Also, Atlas cannot do what Andromeda does - extended smooth highs, forward vocals(albeit thin) and resolution.
However, Solaris can do both at the same time and has a midrange that is extremely rich.

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #13 of 39
Again depends on the context. Andromeda cannot do what the Atlas does, bass texture, physicality and warm vocals. Although I have not heard an Atlas, I am going by my Vega and trusted impressions. Also, Atlas cannot do what Andromeda does - extended smooth highs, forward vocals(albeit thin) and resolution.
However, Solaris can do both at the same time and has a midrange that is extremely rich.

I mean, sure everything depends on context. But you could just as easily argue then that Solaris doesn’t do what Atlas does in terms of bass impact (based on impressions from the other thread). That’s why I prefaced the Andro > Atlas point with the “IMO”.

And to answer @pjs1969 ’s original question, having heard both, I do think that Andromeda is worth the price premium over Jupiter. (Whether you want to spend the extra $5-700 for Solaris is up to you. From what I’ve read, it seems to be worth it, but in your situation, if you’re selling Jupiter first, you’re spending ~2-3x out of pocket for that extra upgrade)

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #14 of 39
I had the Jupiter and then went to the Andro. Serious upgrade. Was worth the extra. I have not tried the Solaris nor the Atlas. I did try the Comet and did not like the form, hard to get a decent seal. So if the Atlas is similar, won't be for me. My 2 cents, if you go for the Andro, you won't be disappointed.
Interesting that you say that the andros are a serious upgrade.Ive read some opinions that the andros are not better but just different than the jupiters.Can you please explain how they are better?

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #15 of 39
I mean, sure everything depends on context. But you could just as easily argue then that Solaris doesn’t do what Atlas does in terms of bass impact (based on impressions from the other thread). That’s why I prefaced the Andro > Atlas point with the “IMO”.
Yes but that's about it, it can do everything else the Atlas does

Users who are viewing this thread

Back