Is this upcoming iBasso SR2 launching?
Jan 4, 2020 at 8:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

TYATYA

Headphoneus Supremus
It does not appears on iBasso website. But it looks like 2nd generation headphone of iBasso.

SR2?
SmartSelect_20200104-220859_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 33
So far this is the most interesting product launch of 2020. It is however very plain looking compared to sr1.

Maybe it is just toned down more affordable mass produced version of sr1? Maybe @Paul - iBasso has some answers? :)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #5 of 33
Flat perforated pads installed as stock.
On SR1 it was angled pad.
The metal mesh looks not so nice on render photo but not sure actually.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #6 of 33
@TYATYA,

I think we all just have to wait & see, hopefully not a quiet launch...

Really looking forward to this, especially since I enjoy the SR 1 so much which also happens to be my second reference headphone.

Be interested to see what else you can find.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 10, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #7 of 33
@TYATYA,

I think we all just have to wait & see, hopefully not a quiet launch...

Really looking forward to this, especially since I enjoy the SR 1 so much which also happens to be my second reference headphone.

Be interested to see what else you can find.

I dont know I will love SR2 or saving my pocket.
But after SR1, I got RR1 - 1st product of a new born India company.
It has SR1 tonal but at the class of e.stat.
Really brother of SR1, same price.

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #8 of 33
I dont know I will love SR2 or saving my pocket.
But after SR1, I got RR1 - 1st product of a new born India company.
It has SR1 tonal but at the class of e.stat.
Really brother of SR1, same price.

@TYATYA,

I have been aware & curious about the RR1 for some time now & it has been a while since I looked at it, please remind me, as an estat, does it have its own amp, or is one needed?
I ask as I can't remember & unfortunately don't have time to look it up again now.
Yes, I remember it is the same price which does make it tempting, the only issue is budget at present is tight which isn't a bad thing, it's just more important life things than more headphones :p

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #9 of 33
I wonder how the SR1 can be made any better! I suppose full open-back is more likely to help than hurt.

I have been aware & curious about the RR1 for some time now & it has been a while since I looked at it, please remind me, as an estat, does it have its own amp, or is one needed?
I'm not Tyatya, but having followed the rr1 thread I can answer that: it doesn't come with an energizer.

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #10 of 33
I wonder how the SR1 can be made any better! I suppose full open-back is more likely to help than hurt.

I'm not Tyatya, but having followed the rr1 thread I can answer that: it doesn't come with an energizer.

Thanks @ponyhead,

So I did remember correctly, good to know.
Sometimes too many too keep up with especially when there are more important going on outside in RL.

As to whether making more open or not is a good thing or bad, we will all have to hear so hard to say till then...

Hope you have a great day!

Jan 14, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #11 of 33
Thanks @ponyhead,

So I did remember correctly, good to know.
Sometimes too many too keep up with especially when there are more important going on outside in RL.

As to whether making more open or not is a good thing or bad, we will all have to hear so hard to say till then...

Hope you have a great day!

Yeah they need a estat amp, I have a RR 1 Conquest but I don't have an e-stat amp yet so I'm waiting to actually listen to them later this month when I finally get an e-stat amp.

I am curious about these. Heard a lot of good things about the SR1.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #12 of 33
@TYATYA,

I ask as I can't remember & unfortunately don't have time to look it up again now.
Yes, I remember it is the same price which does make it tempting, the only issue is budget at present is tight which isn't a bad thing, it's just more important life things than more headphones :p

I must order stax amp (model 007tA) to make RR1 works.
In total cost, RR1+ amp will have better p/p than SR1+amp.
007tA+RR1 far miles away from SR1+ hdvd800.

But for SR2 I can not guess

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 33
I must order stax amp (model 007tA) to make RR1 works.
In total cost, RR1+ amp will have better p/p than SR1+amp.
007tA+RR1 far miles away from SR1+ hdvd800.

But for SR2 I can not guess

@TYATYA,

Thanks for the info, honestly, subjectively & personally, not a fan of Stax amps I've tried (007t M2 is highest I tried) though haven't been able to demo the 50 or 10...yet which is a shame...but saying that, I don't mind 727 M2 though it's been so long since I heard any Stax I can't be certain but then not many good estat available where I am.

In any case, good to know like all estat headphones, needs a good amp.

For me, I think RR1 is still worth looking into, just not for a long time, at least till I set up a good estat rig.

Feb 28, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #14 of 33
The less fancy seems to be removing outside material that could add weight. It was already comfortable but lighter is always better. The fully open look could still mean semi open with just a better looking outside vent. The SR1 had remarkable sub bass weight and extension, but in the cleanest way possible. As good or better than even the Senn HD820. If they open the vent more but retain 99% of that remarkable bass, it would be even better. They were very spacious and the new pads can only improve on that too.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #15 of 33
The less fancy seems to be removing outside material that could add weight. It was already comfortable but lighter is always better. The fully open look could still mean semi open with just a better looking outside vent. The SR1 had remarkable sub bass weight and extension, but in the cleanest way possible. As good or better than even the Senn HD820. If they open the vent more but retain 99% of that remarkable bass, it would be even better. They were very spacious and the new pads can only improve on that too.

SR1 will sounds much more open and breathing with the below changing.
+pin hole addition (clean and fast, breathing bass)
+pad PT1 with pressing firmly during use (detail mid and open up highs).
+silver (not hybrid) cable (improve low and extend highs. SR1 original is lush of mid, vocal, silver wire is need for remaining freq)

Not same as Senn HD flagship which sound stable at any position(stock pad), SR1 is VERY sensitive with distance/pad phase(turn 45deg is the best).

I punched these holes on second day and since then never feel its wrong way. Sometimes close holes to compare. Certainly I love the sound with mod.

P.S PT1 still not so good, distance ear to driver is a bit far. Pressing to best distance to see the best of SR1 detail and stage

Screenshot_20200229-093201_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back