| | | | | |
1 2 3 4 5 6

1=L-out
2=Ground
3=ground
4=R-Out
5=R-in
6=L-in
is that right cause it dosen't seem too be lowering the volum till it get to all the way to the left and then starts cutting out all the way too the right

Feb 14, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 8
Correct, Looking at the pot, with the knob facing and the pins down. See
http://tangentsoft.net/audio/mint/bi...1.01-hires.png
The mint uses the same pot.

BTW- Just to be sure, in and out refer to the in and out of the pot, not the amp. Don't connect the amp outputs to it.

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 8
If you check Chu's original article - here - you'll see the correct wiring diagram for the Panasonic pot.

Based on your post I think you've got it right.

[edit] I think I finally understand your post. It seems like you're describing that your amps gain is to high. That is to say that when the volume is in its usable range it's unbalanced left and right. This is what is referred to as a tracking error. Why don't you tell us what the gain of the amp is (stock configuration is 11) and what headphones you're using it with.

Nate

Feb 14, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #5 of 8
well, honestly I'm not sure exactly what your problem would be. The 500's are a low-impedance can (32ohm) so the stock gain is high, but it should still work. I've used my Etys (27ohm) and I still have a useable range of volume.

Did you reheat the pot several times during the build? If so you may have cooked the internals so that it's not working properly. Try removing it and using the amp with a source that has a volume control to make sure that everything else is functioning properly.

And don't get too frustrated, very few of us build a working amp on the first try (myself included). :thumbsup:

Nate

Feb 14, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #6 of 8
My cmoy volume never got below normal volume. I had the pot installed the same way. It might be worth installing a 50k pot. The cMoy docs recomend a 10k pot, but it wasn't enough pot for mine.

Feb 14, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #7 of 8
okay i don't think i could have cooked it cause i was carefull not too heat it up too much,

okay but i will keep trying, I also just hooked up a wall wart power supply
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back