is this sony pcdp a good deal? sound quality?
Oct 24, 2003 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 6
a rechargeable battery !!(not included)!! or an ac adapter also !!not included!!

I'd say, stay away, it has no accessories, it's the unit, and only the unit.

If you've got an AC Adapter, go ahead, that's why I got my D-E880, I already had the Remote and AC Adapter, so I didn't have to worry.

Oct 24, 2003 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 6
This unit has no accesssories included, and the special rechargeable battery pack that this D-T66 requires may no longer be available from Sony's parts department, so you may be stuck with corded AC operation - if you can find the proper AC adaptor for it.

Oct 24, 2003 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 6
It needs the same battery as the D-25. If it was included, it would be certainly dead, so no loss there. Yes, you'll need an AC adapter. They aren't that difficult to get, and chances are you may even have one lying around (9V, center positive/"yellow plug").
I know only its radioless brother, the D-66. Nothing special, but still quite good. I'd say go for it as long as the price stays reasonable (10-15$), but on the other hand you should better listen to sane people...

Oct 24, 2003 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 6
I got a d-t66 .The line out is excellent and the hdp out is good without the bass boost. Its built like a tank. The fm reception is only fair and it takes a while to initialize or find tracks.

You can get an optional 2 aa battery thing that fits into the battery compartment the model # is BBP-2.

Ive got the manual if you need more info but you only got 10 min. to bid.

good luck

Oct 24, 2003 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 6
That one ended up going for $21.50 , way past my limit. I was already watching the auction before you posted about it. If you're trying to get a bargin off ebay, it's probably better not to post about the auction and attract more attention to it.

I've been making heavy use of the search feature here to check opinions on models I see on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back