Is this Sony IEM with iPod controls any good?
Dec 15, 2009 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

iCeNN

New Head-Fier
Hi. Right now I am using the Sennheiser CX500 headphones. I am quite happy with the sound of these headphones. However I'm looking at this: Sony MDREX38IP. This is the new Sony IEM with iPod controls. I'm thinking of buying these headphones, but I don't know how the sound compares to the CX500. I don't expect it to be better, but I want to know if it comes close. I've been looking for reviews, but since this is a new item there are only a few reviews out there (a few on amazon, and one on bestbuy.com) Here is the link to the review on bestbuy.com(not sure if links are allowed or not on here. sorry if thery're not) Sony - Ear Bud Headphones - Black - MDREX38IP/BLK
And the one to the amazon reviews: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony MDREX38iP/BLK EX Earbud with iPod Remote Control (Black)
Basically the one on bestbuy says that it sounds great. And there are 4 good reviews on these headphones on amazon.
Has anyone that has listened to the CX500, had the chance to listen to the MDREX38IP? Has anyone listened to the MDREX38IP in general? I'm looking for a brief review, or a simple comparison between this and the CX500.
Thank you very much!

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #2 of 2
Let's see... one review is from a Kid, one review mentions "Better range (6 - 23kHz)" as the strength. Nah, I'll stick to my $36 Apple in-ears. Well, with Sony hybrids that's a bit more than that, but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back