Is this setting correct? PLEASE LET ME KNOW (With HD 650)
Apr 10, 2010 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

libertine47

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new in this forum so be kind to me!!
bigsmile_face.gif
and forgive me for my english is not so good.

Setting number 1:
I am planning to buy a HD 650, an Ibasso P3 and an iPod Line Out Dock Interconnect(iBasso CB05) for my Ipod Classic.

Setting Number 2:
In a few months i will have some money so i will do an iMod for my 5th Generation Ipod, and then i will use the hd 650 with a SR-71A amp, also planning to use this with an Ipod in this case with a 5th generation Ipod with iMod.

Please let me know what you think about this?? Is it ok??? or i will waste my money????
also suggestions please!!! THANK U VERY MUCH!!!

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 22
I say go with a fullsize amp instead of a portable one. The HD650s are not portable headphones, and those amps will only scratch the surface of it's potential.

If you need something portable, look at different headphones. The HD650s are open so sound will go in and out, not something most people want for portable headphones. Not to mention they are somewhat big.

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 22
Thanks for the reply earthpeople!! which headphones do you recommend me with excellent quality? I have 360 dollars
HD 595 would bea good one?
I read on the raysamuelsaudio's website that the sr71a is compatible with HD 650 is this true???? Thanks for the reply! =)

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 22
The HD595 is still an open design hence it will still leak sound if you plan to make it part of your portable rig. Look around the forum and you will find tons of information on good portable headphones.

The SR71A is enough to drive the HD650 to an acceptable level of sound quality but you're better off with a fullsize amp but this again depend on your preference. HD650 won't sound bad driven by portable amps but it's just that you won't get the best of out them. Look at reviews from Skylab on portable amps.

Penchum also did a review with the LD MK1 which I think you will find interesting here.

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 22
I've put many hours on my SR-71A with HD 650 and never thought the SQ to be lacking. Of course a $1,000 desktop will sound better but sometimes we need to make compromises. For a transportable rig, the SR-71A with HD 650 will surely please.

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 22
Thank u very much! for the replies they were very useful! Im thinking on buying the Little-Dot MK1 instead of the ibasso P3 because now i'm a little short of money then i will buy the SR-71A. Thank u!

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #7 of 22
the P3 will do a better job tho, more power and TBH i've never seen what the fuss about the LD products is. I regularly use my HD600 portable with FiQuest,out of your budget tho. all this bull about HD6XX not being even palatable with a portable is ludicrous, sure it wont be as good as they can sound, but if that what you want to do, thats what you want to do. my FiQ puts out enough juice to get the HD600 sounding as good as many home amps, not the absolute best home amps, but surely as good as the same money spent on one. on medium gain (5x) i'm only just at half way when its getting too loud, on high gain, not much past 9.30. i'm not just talking loud here either, i'm talking solid, open and articulate

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the P3 will do a better job tho, more power and TBH i've never seen what the fuss about the LD products is. I regularly use my HD600 portable with FiQuest,out of your budget tho. all this bull about HD6XX not being even palatable with a portable is ludicrous, sure it wont be as good as they can sound, but if that what you want to do, thats what you want to do. my FiQ puts out enough juice to get the HD600 sounding as good as many home amps, not the absolute best home amps, but surely as good as the same money spent on one. on medium gain (5x) i'm only just at half way when its getting too loud, on high gain, not much past 9.30. i'm not just talking loud here either, i'm talking solid, open and articulate

Thanks for the observation qusp! So which do you recommend between the ibasso p3, Little-Dot MK1 or the ibasso fi.quest????
i have a doubt about the fi.quest
confused_face(1).gif
I was searching the web and not found a place to buy a fi.quest, not even on ibasso's site???
Where can i buy it????

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #9 of 22
I would just be scared to take my HD650's outside. I'd rather not put them under any strain considering they aren't built to be taken around much.

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #10 of 22
I have no plans to take them out here in my country thieves would cut off my head just to take away my HD 650!!! just joking! =) but for now I'm traveling from one place to another, staying in different places so I need a portable amp!!

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might want to look at the protector too, there was a favorable review with the 650's i believe in one of the threads

Thanks for the reply OPTiK but right now i just have 200 dollars for the portable amp, in a few moths i will be buying the SR71A, i read a very good review of the Little-Port DK1 with the Hd 650 and then qusp posted a reply saying that the ibasso fi.quest and the ibasso P3 are better than LD-MK1, so i am a little confused and can somebody tell me the price for the fi.Quest and where i can buy it????? THANK U VERY MUCH
happy_face1.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #13 of 22
Mentioning the fi.Quest and obtaining one is another thing. I think 4 or 5 people have one here in the US and a couple in Europe and the rest are in Japan. I don't know when a new run will be coming along. It is a good amp for sure but it will be out of your current price range and as stated, I am not sure when more will be available.

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #14 of 22
Thanks for the reply jamato8! I already took a decision next week i will receive my HD 650 with the Little-Dot MK1!!
atsmile.gif
Thank u everybody for the replies they were very helpful!!!

Apr 12, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #15 of 22
exactly, but I was actually quite clear that I wasnt recommending it, because even though its perfect for the job, its not in budget even if it were available. no I was recommending the P3+ as its based on a similar design and I just plain dont like LD stuff.

BTW John you forgot the amp in Australia ;D

dontg know whats going on with the FiQ release. it met with a good reception and there has been quite a bit of interest, I think there would have been quite a few sales had they been available. I think shingzeo and Skylab are the only 2 since the first run to receive one and no communication either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back