Is this normal for an Hippo Box+ & E5 amp? Which one better?
Mar 9, 2011 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

papaya

New Head-Fier
Guys, just want to check with you, when you guys connect your earphone to these 2 amps and to a player, when no sound is playing do you hear noise? It's noticeable when no sound is playing.

I tried connecting the earphone directly to my player & pc but doesn't give much noise (maybe the signal is too small), but when i connect it tru the amps i can hear noise, when connect to PC i get horrible noise i assume the PC is the one generating the noise? When I plug the earphone into the amp without a source i hear very stable light noise like sea or something, i think it's normal yes?

BTW I'm using Westone3 not sure if they aren't the perfect match...When i connect the 2 amps my headphone the noise is very minimal even via the PC unlike the Westone crackling noise. I assume the headphone has higher ohms thus the noise are less noticeable?

Also what do you guys think about these 2 mini amps? Even though hippo is bigger i find E5 much powerful & more user friendly as it has volume control & much smaller & lighter compared to hippo box+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back