Is this going to satisfy my needs?
Sep 18, 2006 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

akatora

New Head-Fier
Ok, first post and all. First things first...terrific forum this is, thanks for the enriching information you people provide. Here is what I´m looking for:

I come from an Iriverbased sound where I guess warm sound would be what Im looking for. I previously owned the Sennheiser Hd-25 which I really liked. Since my music is 80% electronicbased "Drum & Bass" mainly, I feelt that sennheiser did a good job.

I never find myself listening to radio or watch videos/photos,so that´s not important. I thought long and hard regarding an hdd-based vs. flash-based mp3 player, and even considered both. However...now when the 8GB flash is on the market, there is no need in getting both for me. I want to use my player at the gym and also while running.

That being said, I´ve narrowed down my choices to the 2nd gen Nano (8GB) and the new Samsung...

ypk517ta1.jpg

it looks soooooo hot :rolleyes wh: but I don´t know how it sounds etc. Then Nano is 8GB vs 4GB Samsung. I´m not considering to buy an amp.

I´ve been looking to buy my first in ear hf. and I´ve come to:

¤ Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro

or

¤ Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB

Do I have to consider hiss? I know that both nano and Samsung doesn´t have manual EQ´s ,but would it be possiable with a new fw?

Based on what music I listen to, which would be better? I live in Sweden so I can´t test the headphones. I´m not looking for FLAC either since it´s pretty pointless on todays flashplayers with so "little" space. Am I forgetting something?

Thanks for listening,

Sebastian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back