is this e888 gold version?
Jun 18, 2003 at 5:02 PM Post #18 of 25
how much does Bluetin charge for shipping to the US?

Jun 18, 2003 at 5:15 PM Post #19 of 25
5-8 dollars

Jun 19, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #21 of 25
I think its the SP (short cord) one that costs around 67, (64, actually--according to the bluetin website). The 888LP model is the one that's $40.5.

Make sure if you want the longer cord that you let that guy know, so you don't end up with a shorter (and much more expensive!) cable on your 888's. If you use a remote with your portable, the SP is the way to go. Personally, I can't stand remotes, so I'd go for the 888LP model....

appar111

Jun 19, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by appar111
Personally, I can't stand remotes

You serious?
eek.gif
You're the first one I've heard say that!
tongue.gif

I guess I spent too much of my life in Asia (read: gadget world) and too little time here in the US...
tongue.gif

Jun 19, 2003 at 4:46 AM Post #23 of 25
The problem I have with remotes is that they seem like they'd be detrimental for models like the 888, unless their cord is made of the same special material the 888's cord is made out of. Any benefit from the 888's specialized cord is basically lost otherwise. That's a good chunk of your expenses flushed.

And yes, Japan truly is Gadgetworld. I want to move there.
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
because it sayz "gold" on the box..
biggrin.gif

SONY-MDR-E888LP-4.jpg

TWIN TURBO?!?!?!

What?????

Where have Sony managed to fit these pint-sized forced-air-induction devices?? does this have a negitive impact on the sound? Does the music go faster? Do you get an annoying "PFFT-SHHHHH" between climax's in the music??

i have the purple version of these, and tho i have long since disposed of the outer packaging.... i never noticed that...
biggrin.gif

also, if you decide to insure them, will insurance companies jack up premiums over a naturally-aspirated model because they are turbos... ooops.. i mean twin turbos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back