is this bookshelf speaker great?
Jun 9, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 7
I stay away from Klipsch, at least the modern ones. Treble is generally harsh to my ears....they work, however, if you exclusively listen to rock music.

In the mass-produced arena, I prefer Infinity...IMO better balanced over different genres.

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #3 of 7
No, B2 and B3 are both terrible. You can do way better in that price range, these are honky, unbalanced and all over the place. Dont go by amazon reviews, they are just ppl who havent heard better. Heck you can get Insignia NSB2111 for 50-60 bucks and those will sound better with some minor mods.

Jun 12, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 7
Yeah modern, mass produced Klipsch is pffffft. Now the old Vintage stuff was pretty good.

Want something decent under $200? Tweak City Audio WAF-1.

I would buy these for myself. 30 day money back.

http://tweakcityaudio.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=21&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Jun 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Yeah modern, mass produced Klipsch is pffffft. Now the old Vintage stuff was pretty good.

Want something decent under $200? Tweak City Audio WAF-1.

I would buy these for myself. 30 day money back.

http://tweakcityaudio.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=21&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

I'll 2nd Your recommendation!    After reading and looking at those little dudes...Great advice for KINGHOOK, IMO

Jun 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #6 of 7
spacemanspliff thanks for posting the link to the Tweak City Audio WAF-1. I am looking for an small speaker to use on my desk at work and these fit the bill. I have been looking at a vintage Realistic Minimus 7 and an Advent/3 and the Tweak City Audio are in the middle (size wise) and look very promising. Thanks again.

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #7 of 7
I have heard the the M-Audio AV 40 is a pretty good bookshelf/self-powered computer speaker system. And at approx. $125 new, not a bad price either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back