Is this AT ESW9 fake or real?
Feb 24, 2009 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

phandrew

500+ Head-Fier
These pics are the only thing i got to tell if they are fake or not. Can you tell me if they are fake but IMO i think they are fake but i need a person who owns ESW9 to tell me.

4dc2_1.JPG

5ea0_1.JPG

5f1a_1.JPG

!BNPdfmwBWk~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmVD,kBJootM7gI!~~_1.JPG

602b_1.JPG

Feb 24, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #2 of 7
Those look very fake, way under AT's quality standard. Mainly, the wood grain is terrible, next the paint for the R/L looks way off. We recently just saw a thread of fake ESW9's for sale from some China wholesale place.

Feb 24, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 7
the wood (or whatever that is) is a dead give away they dont have the same colour, shinyness, polishness to the real esw9 i think.

May 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by newaudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just recently bought a pair of AT'S ESW9 for £100 on ebay however the i only now just came across these forums. Can you tell me me whether you think its fake. AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-ESW9 CASQUE AUDIO WOODEN HEADPHONES on eBay, also, Casques, Ecouteurs, Accessoires Image, Son, Image, TV, Son (end time 09-May-09 11:07:03 BST)

Yes, those will be the fake plastic ones by judging on price and photos but hard to tell with such small photos. The pouch looks sub-par compared to the real one.

The photos at the top of this thread are of a different fake version where they actually use wood. These ones are the plastic ones (You can see the bump where the cable goes in on each cup)

If you aren't paying around 160 euros new, then they are fake or stolen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back