Is this an imcomplete Weller WES51 package?
Apr 16, 2006 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hell0un1verse

New Head-Fier
Today I just bought a Weller WES51 soldering station from Active Electronics in Toronto. I didn't check the package content in the store, so until I got home I didn't find it doesn't have a sponge, neither any instruction manual/registraion card, or something like that. This almost makes me doubt whether it's new, because it was on special price. It should come with a sponge, right? Does it come with any documents?

Anybody bought it new could let me know the package content? I truly appreciate your reply.

PS, there's something in the box I didn't expect though, it's like a pen, and it's magnetic, what's that for?

Apr 16, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 9
Mine came with a sponge, and a tip, and manual/reply card. They might have forgotten the sponge, but the paperwork??? Doubtful.

Apr 16, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 9
You have an extra tip? This is not stated in the package content on the box. I only have the PES51. Anyway I have to call them on Monday.
mad.gif

Thanks.

Apr 16, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 9
A tip... not extra tip. Sorry.
Hey, when you spend $100+ on a soldering station, it should come with a piece of sponge. I'd go back and ask then what's up. A sponge is not much of a biggie, but not having a warranty card sounds kind of suspicious.

Apr 16, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 9
my WES51 came with a sponge. not a very big one, but it does the job. the magnetic pen thing is for removing hot tips.

Apr 16, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #8 of 9
The manual for mine says the magnet is to allow you to set a high limit, or lock the temp setting (I cannot recall offhand). There is a place on the front panel where you place it after setting the desired temp. Presumably so it will not get fiddled with in a mixed environment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back