Is this all there is to the EX81?
May 29, 2005 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

virometal

Headphoneus Supremus
I bought the ex81 for yard work and running a couple of weeks ago. TBO, I expected better sound. One bud set is too bright. The next size is too dark. Are there any options or am I SOOL?

Oh, the sound is from a Phillips/Nike MP3 player. Could this be it? I am unaware of how source dependent the little guyz are. Heck, I am new period to the IEM/Phone/Bud whatever it is thing.

May 29, 2005 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 8
your avatar scares me
eek.gif

May 29, 2005 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
I bought the ex81 for yard work and running a couple of weeks ago. TBO, I expected better sound. One bud set is too bright. The next size is too dark. Are there any options or am I SOOL?

which bud set makes the sound too bright for your ears? the middle-sized ones? I own the ex51, and if the ex81 buds are equally sized, perhaps the big-sized sharp md33 buds would do the job. don't know where you can get the md33 buds though (without the phones)...
confused.gif

May 29, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 8
BOO! You should see the painting...

To be more concise, I want the isolation of the medium buds with a less congested sound. I am not that picky, but there has to be something better than this.

Source perhaps, some Sony mod, or something else in the same price range???

May 29, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 8
You may need to get a new mp3 player with an equaliser so that you can tone down the bass. Seems like your current player is already boosting the bass. You may also over time just get used to the sound of EX81.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back