is this acoustic research can worth it?
Nov 8, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by meusickfrek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Skylab, What are the driver options?

I have no idea! I just ordered them a few hours ago. Can't tell much from the pic. Was thinking about trying to score some Orthodynamic headphones where the drivers are in good shape and doing a transplant/tweak, but I need to get the cams in first to see if the housing is comfortable enough to even bother with.

Nov 9, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put KSC75 drivers in them or something = win!

My thoughts exactly.

ive been wanting to buy the KSC75's for a while now, So I took the plunge, and spent 30 shipped. 20 for the Koss, 10 for those arh450's. We will see
cool.gif

Dec 23, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #22 of 25
i got these for 2.00 also.
very comfy with the velour earpads- the cups swivel and fold flat. has a large 1/4" plug with an adapter for 1/8"- kind of odd nowadays.
decent sound -better than most mass market type headphones- kind of like cheap sennheisers. sound is pretty clean- highs not too good
nice looking and comfy- and 2.00 shipped! any transplants yet?

Jan 3, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #24 of 25
I use my $1.99 pair when I need lots of treble and less bass, they are better amped. I only have in716's and atrios but I actually pre fer these in certain circumstances, I listen to a lot of audience recordings which need severe eqing at times. Turned them up and the bass distorts like crazy but that is past safe listening level anyway. For 1.99 they are a deal. I was thinking new drivers but what the hell, I'll keep them as is.

Jan 3, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ God bless ya Skylab... you really are the audio equivalent of a crack addict.

Now that's freakin' funny...
biggrin.gif
Maybe we should buy him some crack to help him cut back on his audio spendings.

I wanted to pick up a pair too but they are all sold out. Are they circumaural? I would imagine with 50mm drivers they would be but I can't tell from the pic and it doesn't say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back