Is this a tube amp or a Bugatti engine?
Mar 18, 2002 at 7:43 PM Post #16 of 24
Match thios one! This is my Guru.
redface.gif

Mar 18, 2002 at 8:50 PM Post #18 of 24
That Stingray is awesome! I like it much better than the V-8...hey, didn't the corvette stingray have a V-8/ Wow, I coulda had a V-8

Mar 18, 2002 at 11:33 PM Post #19 of 24
Sweet then...when my bot gets ahold of it, pretty pieces flying everywhere! It even cost as much as a bot.

Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
If I didn't know better, I'd say it's exactly the design a Head-fier would submit for a Battlebot.
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2002 at 12:12 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

She seems awfully cool from what I've read about her, but EveAnna Manley is not exactly your typical gal.

The Sennheiser Orpheus is the best sounding headphone setup I've ever listened to, but I'd be too embarrassed to keep its amp out in the open -- I'd probably put it in a well-ventilated custom enclosed cabinet of some sort (but I don't imagine this will ever be a real issue for me to consider anyway). Again, my taste.

You are correct about Ms. Manley.She can drink most of us right off a barstool but she is a really nice lady and was very approachable when I met her at CES.

When I had mine I left it right out in open.At the time it was the most expensive piece of audio equipment I had ever owned so I was damn proud to show it off.I think it is beautiful and would love to have it back(in another life maybe).

Mar 19, 2002 at 5:55 PM Post #21 of 24
That V8 Amplifier is simply gorgeous.

And so is that Manley Stingray.

Of course i'm a little biased (no pun intended). Myself, I own a pair of Tube technology Genesis Monoblocks fitted with Gold Aero EL34's driving a pair of ProAc Response 1SC's. Front end is a Naim CD3.5 + Flatcap.

Gotta love that tube sound
evil_smiley.gif

gensis2.jpg

A bit dusty. I really should get a duster run around these.

Mar 19, 2002 at 7:41 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
It's weird... but even though I seriously dislike motorcycles and muscle cars I like machines that have exposed gears and stuff. Too many Jules Verne books or something, I suppose.

Nick, if you ever get near Hot Springs, stop by the Mid America Museum. They have 4 of Roland Emett's contraptions including the Featherstone-Kite and 3 from the Disney movie Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang. Here's a drawing of the Featherstone-Kite (the actual one is about 12' long):

emett.jpg

Mar 20, 2002 at 3:14 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by 2 channel
That Stingray is awesome!

And, it's for sale...

acid -- watch it! I like her...a lot...ahem...erm..."admire from a distance"...(don't want to sound too e-stalky)...

You see this stack of gear ? When I win the lottery, I'm putting together an entirely tube studio -- tube board (VTL), tube microphones (everything from GT and Marshall on up), tube guitar amps (Marshall's, of course, as well as others), and probably several dozen processors from that stack...

Mar 20, 2002 at 3:49 AM Post #24 of 24
Redneck: Thanks for the info. You got it.... that's the kind of thing I like.

The Science Place of Dallas and Fort Worth hold some of my happiest moments of discovery. I particularly remember an exhibit about "the world of audio" where they had all these synths and voice-altering devices where you could change your voice into a bazillion different forms: Darth Vader, Gregorian monks, etc.

The quality was very good. It was sophisticated stuff... nothing like the cheezy consumer-level gear of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back