Is this a safe level to listen to music?
Dec 9, 2012 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Willanhanyard

New Head-Fier
Hay there,

I have really sensitive hearing (or maybe I am just really paranoid), and a bit of ttinnitus. About 4 years ago I noticed that some sounds that were normal to other people, were really loud to me. This would mostly include music. When I was in a car and someone would play some music, it was just really loud and painful to me.

So since I never really thought about this question, what is a safe volume level for me to listen to music at? I am not really a hardcore audiophile, but I have an Asus Xonar STX, and I pair of HD555's. I don't have an SPL meter to read, but I listen to music at 4% volume.

Is this safe? Thanks!

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 3
See (with a pinch of salt) the thread currently a little way down the page: http://www.head-fi.org/t/639338/safe-volume-to-listen-to-music

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 3
I wouldn't think too much into it. Adjust the volume according to whatever feels comfortable to you at the time. Some days I'll blast my head off, and other days I like a smoother approach. Of course, if it's hurting your ears it's too freakin' loud, but if you dig the pain then go for it. See what I'm gettin' at? Do what's comfortable for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back