Is this a hot deal?
Dec 9, 2016 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

groucho69

Headphoneus Supremus

Latest Hi-Fi Headset SE535 Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable Special Edition Red

(12)

$673CAD
$82CAD

https://www.wish.com/c/581d08f11bf30d501f129927?recvuid=57b707d807d8161b5ea0c432&uuid=fb94819d3109409e9d0937eadc87ad78&exzpl=ctp-1&cmpgnid=584a7e0236f7ae37b84e6d4d

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 14

Latest Hi-Fi Headset SE535 Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable Special Edition Red

(12)

$673CAD
$82CAD

https://www.wish.com/c/581d08f11bf30d501f129927?recvuid=57b707d807d8161b5ea0c432&uuid=fb94819d3109409e9d0937eadc87ad78&exzpl=ctp-1&cmpgnid=584a7e0236f7ae37b84e6d4d

My advice is stay away from this.

There are LOTS of counterfeit Shure IEMs being sold from China, these days.

Really, does it seem sensible for a retailer to sell a genuine product at less than 1/8th of it's true value?

Dec 10, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 14
I've got lots of stuff from that site. My kids too. Nothing looks to be fake. Got my xDuoo X2 there for under $30. Having said that it doesn't mean that this deal is for a genuine product. 

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #8 of 14
  I've got lots of stuff from that site. My kids too. Nothing looks to be fake. Got my xDuoo X2 there for under $30. Having said that it doesn't mean that this deal is for a genuine product. 

"Caveat Emptor..."

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #9 of 14

No offense, but why would you think otherwise?  

It's labeled as a Shure product, even down to the model number (535), the fact that it's the "limited edition 535."  Hell, even the placement of the model number on the earphone is leading you to believe it's genuine.   It's even made out to be the same clear red color.

You're led to believe it's genuine, until you get to the price.

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #11 of 14

It's labeled as a Shure product, even down to the model number (535), the fact that it's the "limited edition 535."  Hell, even the placement of the model number on the earphone is leading you to believe it's genuine.   It's even made out to be the same clear red color.

You asked a question and answered it.

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #12 of 14
Dec 11, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #13 of 14

Quote:

You asked a question and answered it.

Yes, it was a rhetorical question
rolleyes.gif

Getting back to your own original question, you've received some good advice from some people who did not come down with the last shower. Stick around these forums for long enough, and you will see fakes, scams, counterfeits, etc., come around every now and then. Wherever there's a large-enough market, with people wishing to spend their disposable income, there will be sharks circling, and portable audiophile devices are exactly one such market.

However, if you choose to ignore the advice shared in this thread, because you are so excited by the prospect of getting an allegedly-genuine-Shure product, at just 12% of it's normal retail price (which wouldn't even cover the cost of the balanced armature drivers contained within the shells of the genuine product), then that is your prerogative, but you have been sincerely warned by fellow enthusiasts who have no wish to see you get your fingers burned.

Given that you seem keen to make excuses for the warning flags that have been pointed out to you, I rather fear you have already made up your mind to buy them anyway, and just posted this thread in the hope of reassurance, rather than being genuinely cautious and in need of guidance.

Consequently, there is not much else any of us can say to you

The ball is in your court, now...

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #14 of 14

Yes, it was a rhetorical question
rolleyes.gif

Getting back to your own original question, you've received some good advice from some people who did not come down with the last shower. Stick around these forums for long enough, and you will see fakes, scams, counterfeits, etc., come around every now and then. Wherever there's a large-enough market, with people wishing to spend their disposable income, there will be sharks circling, and portable audiophile devices are exactly one such market.

However, if you choose to ignore the advice shared in this thread, because you are so excited by the prospect of getting an allegedly-genuine-Shure product, at just 12% of it's normal retail price (which wouldn't even cover the cost of the balanced armature drivers contained within the shells of the genuine product), then that is your prerogative, but you have been sincerely warned by fellow enthusiasts who have no wish to see you get your fingers burned.

Given that you seem keen to make excuses for the warning flags that have been pointed out to you, I rather fear you have already made up your mind to buy them anyway, and just posted this thread in the hope of reassurance, rather than being genuinely cautious and in need of guidance.

Consequently, there is not much else any of us can say to you

The ball is in your court, now...

Ah I see where I may have mislead. At now time was I considering actually purchasing these. I'll stick with my Monks, Ty Hi-Z s and Samson SR850s. I'm cheap and old. Anything better (and more costly) is wasted on my ears. Quite happy with what I have. I saw the Shure at a site that I have had good results on and thought that someone may be interested. Makes no difference to me if zero or 10,000 take advantage. Sorry if I confused anyone...but that is my normal state. 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back