Is this a good FR for a Audeze LCD 2 Fazor?
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 16
I tend to doubt that chart... But frequency response is very individual. Have you listened to them? I'd never recommend buying any headphones without listening to them first. If you can't find a place to listen to them, make sure you buy with a no questions asked money back guarantee. If they sound the way you want them to sound, charts are irrelevant.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 16
I know the Sound of the LCD 2, but my thought was if there a FR for each Peace, it must be Sound different in some term. Otherwise why they give you this sheet of paper with you.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 16
The sheet of paper is sales pitch. Without knowing how it was generated, it's pretty much useless, and it doesn't resemble an optimal response curve... 10dB dip at 2kHz? And stone flat all the way down to 20Hz? It looks suspiciously like it's randomly generated to me.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 16
The sheet of paper is sales pitch. Without knowing how it was generated, it's pretty much useless, and it doesn't resemble an optimal response curve... 10dB dip at 2kHz? And stone flat all the way down to 20Hz? It looks suspiciously like it's randomly generated to me.

The sheet shows a little info on the measuring rig and Audeze provides detail on the process and info/tools on how to get to reference if reference is preference.
https://www.audeze.com/blogs/techno...d-eq-compensation?_pos=1&_sid=19f2f7f93&_ss=r

There have been more than enough independent measurements of their headphones to validate the company provided FR represents reality and isn't "randomly generated". Not sure why you would object to a company that actually measures every headphone (in the LCD line) and provides that specific result to the purchaser. If nothing else, it would help them in QC to ensure any lemons don't get shipped.

That FR looks relatively well aligned with Fletcher-Munson and Harman, though Audeze definitely has a house sound.

It's important to listen, but I can generally tell from an FR chart what headphones I won't like and what's worth auditioning.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 16
I know the Sound of the LCD 2, but my thought was if there a FR for each Peace, it must be Sound different in some term. Otherwise why they give you this sheet of paper with you.
I think it's not meant to show differences between each unit, it's just showing you that they tested it. If they tested it and the FR was different than expected, they wouldn't have shipped that unit. They include the chart to show they have verified that it met their QC criteria.

Nov 1, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #7 of 16
I think it's not meant to show differences between each unit, it's just showing you that they tested it. If they tested it and the FR was different than expected, they wouldn't have shipped that unit. They include the chart to show they have verified that it met their QC criteria.

There was some unit to unit variance in early LCD2 and LCD3 headphones. Some people have tried to search out individual units that fall on one side of the average response. That said, the differences were typically minimal and probably not audible.

I haven't reviewed enough LCD2 FR graphs from 2013 to be sure, but I don't see anything dramatically off norm with the OP's posted unit. I'd be more concerned if this was a unit from 2010-2011.

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #10 of 16
This model has Fazor. I thought on all LCD 2´s there was a revision in the Driver itself, so all LCD´s from 2016 Sounds different from the revisions before like the 2013. But thats what i thought

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #11 of 16
This model has Fazor. I thought on all LCD 2´s there was a revision in the Driver itself, so all LCD´s from 2016 Sounds different from the revisions before like the 2013. But thats what i thought

The fazor, introduced in January 2014, gives a slightly improved/increased treble response. The picture you attached shows a 2013 build date, so if it has a fazor, then the drivers have been replaced which means they may still be under warranty. I'd ask the seller to provide information on when the drivers were replaced.

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #12 of 16
That FR looks relatively well aligned with Fletcher-Munson and Harman

Is that compensated? It doesn't look like the Harman curve much.

Nov 2, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #14 of 16
Nov 5, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #15 of 16
The fazor, introduced in January 2014, gives a slightly improved/increased treble response. The picture you attached shows a 2013 build date, so if it has a fazor, then the drivers have been replaced which means they may still be under warranty. I'd ask the seller to provide information on when the drivers were replaced.

"The new LCD-2's do have fazor technology. All LCD-2's created on December 18th, 2013 to the present have the fazor technology."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back