Is this a future of PCDP?
Feb 18, 2003 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

martioz

100+ Head-Fier
I came across this mutant a while ago.

http://y2k.centre.net.au/Sony_MPDAP2...P3_0005WZ.html

Plays almost everything, but I cannot find any info about ability to play DVD-A.

Does anyone own one of these?
confused.gif

Feb 18, 2003 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 8
Can you get the URL for the product? All I get is the front of an online store and I am not sure where to look for the player you mentioned.

Feb 19, 2003 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 8
Onix,

I can get the link to come up if I go behind the scenes and copy it into my web browser address bar...

lets just try with another link quickly... how about
y2k.centre.net.au/Sony_MPDAP20U_24x8x28x8_USB___
<remove this space>
MS_Portable_CD_RW_DVD_MP3_0005WZ.html

Just put the obligatory http:// infront of that... and you should be fine
smily_headphones1.gif

Fingers crossed
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2003 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 8
I have read about this product about less than a year ago. I think someone posted about owning this fangled contraption for a few days before breaking down.

Is this the future of portable players? It could be once all the control logic, decoding, and encoding logic is built into one big silicon wafer and the cost of production drops. Of course, then the electronic companies can't sell you dedicated pieces of electronics and make more money off you.

The other thing is reliability. It would suck if one thing breaks down, then you have to send the entire unit in and you have nothing.

Feb 19, 2003 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 8
i'm still waiting for my ram based dsd, atrac, wav, dvda, dvd, pda, ps2, mp3 player and recorder with 30mw digital amp and 4-pole ety er4s setup. that's what i want, what about YOU?

Feb 19, 2003 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 8
I'm still waiting on a portable 8-track player. I haven't seen any around. HI-FI at its greatest.

I'm pretty damned happy with my NJB3.... if only they made the zen w/a line-out......

Feb 21, 2003 at 2:05 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by pedxing
I want my portable vinyl player that fits in my shirt pocket.

with the retracting needle for safety, of course. 20 second anti-skip technology too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back