Is this a fake JVC HA-FXT90 (l2) pair?
Feb 12, 2015 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

silvercats

100+ Head-Fier
I bought this pair from ebay. It is the gold/limited edition of the JVC HA-FXT90, which is JVC HA-FXT90l2.
It came with no original packing. The seller claimed that they are genuine ones. Howver I have reasons to believe that tehy are fake.
please check the following pictures.

I have made a comment below certain images saying why I think they are fake

The  model number is slightly out of alignment(below the two holes). On the other images I found online, the model number is in a straight line with the holes.

I says China. This is made in Japan as I heard.

I you zoom in, you can the dual drivers inside. The bottom driver has some wholes in it. But online images have showed the driver holes differently.

the "C" is a little different.

Can someone confirm if these are fake or real? The sound quality was not very impressive as the comments suggested either.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 19
I would be extremely surprised if the counterfeiters would turn their attention and efforts toward a relatively obscure model earphone from a company not widely known for their IEMs. This is not to say that JVC didn't move production to a less exacting factory.

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 19
You probably have a factory reject. Lettering is off or there is a mark/scratch or stamping is not perfect and they don't get packaged and put in the reject bin. Then someone ends up buying these and reselling to you. They should work fine but are not aesthetically perfect.

You pay a better price but you get what you pay for. Factory rejects are genuine but not deemed good enough to sell as new.

You might want to re-read the link to where you bought them and look for factory seconds, rejects etc. New, original, genuine is still true but they aren't gonna be perfect or else they would have made it to and through packaging to be sold as new.
Maybe it said this ..."New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

Feb 14, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #7 of 19
Maybe they were lying and you would have an "extra shift" version which is illegally made extras using the line and most of the parts but then all bets are off.  Any of us are only putting forth possibilities as we don't actually know. You know as much as us.

If you wanted to save some $$$ and took a chance then did you get them from a seller that you can return or is it covered by PP buyer protection. File a claim.

There are crappy rejects as well. I and a few other bought rejects that also didn't sound well and the seller sent replacement pairs. The CKS77 I think that was.

Bottom line is they suck to you so not sure what you are trying to figure out. Faulty return, bad reject, rare fake, or extra shift they are not even worth the money you paid so try to rectify with the seller. Maybe you want to provide the link if they are still selling and notify others about that they may want to look elsewhere. We live and learn. Many of us have tried out some risky offers and gotten burned.

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #8 of 19
I got a pair marked made in China a few months ago on eBay for $50 bucks. The have the same hoes in the driver too. They're definitely real and sound great. You might want to try some Comply tips though. I wasn't impressed with the stock tips but with foam, I can see why try are highly regarded.

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #9 of 19
There are many sellers nowadays selling this JVC FXT90 especially on site like Aliexpress. The lowest that I encountered is selling at 32.90 USD for item without original packaging and can go up to 70USD for BNIB. I will never consider anything above 30USD earphone as dirt cheap. All the obviously imitatated headphone/IEM are sold openly in street shop for 6-7USD regardless of what brand; mostly Beat Audio, Apple Earpod, Soul by Ludacris, Ferrari ,Samsung etc. Not sure how popular is this FXT90, surely not as popular as Sennheiser CX200/300 or Beat Audio. Surely we will almost never see anyone on the street with FXT90 on their ear. They are still considered a rare type of IEM for non audio enthusiast/audiophile and their demand are too low to be copied as imitation product. I still believe many of the cheap FXT90 selling now are still the original but more likely a factory reject.

The only IEM that I bought this way so far is my Audio-Technica CKX7 from Ebay which I bought for 30USD. No box whatsoever just came with original medium size tip (clear colour) and replacement tips x3 pair(black). Even the C-tip or 'fin' for the CKX7 is not original since it is meant for CKX9. But somehow the product is truly original with excellent sound quality and tough construct.
There are crappy rejects as well. I and a few other bought rejects that also didn't sound well and the seller sent replacement pairs. The CKS77 I think that was.  

I have encountered this as well in Aliexpress especially. A lot of Audio Technica look alike without any logo, just model number like CKS77, CKS99, CKR7 etc selling as low as 19USD. Not sure how they actually sound but they did look exactly like a real product minus the logo. I avoid buying this kind of product so far. Even the cheap FXT90 has JVC logo clearly engraved so if we believe they are fake we still have a case to argue.

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #10 of 19
Hey guyS. First post.

Been a iem lover for over a decade now and all this began with a pair of sony iems bundled with sony ericsson w910i

I then bought a
seinheisser cx280
Creative ep63os
Jvc XX fx101

N now after readinG so much about d jvc fxt90. I ordered them on ebay through a seller by the name of artistic.life around 60$ shipped for a fxt90l2.

Too xcited to try a different sound signature now. Lets see.

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #11 of 19
I purchased my CKX7 through artistic.life also. Definitely an original product. Hopefully your fxt90 is also an original one. Many of the product like fxt90 and fxt90l2 and the Audio-technicas are selling at a ridiculously low price.

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #12 of 19
I purchased my CKX7 through artistic.life also. Definitely an original product. Hopefully your fxt90 is also an original one. Many of the product like fxt90 and fxt90l2 and the Audio-technicas are selling at a ridiculously low price.

WOW... i cant tell you how releived im to hear about the authenticity of the seller. kudoZ to u :D

and yea, got it at a steal price. i compared it with

Zero Audio Tenore,
VSDS3
GR07BE
Steel series Flux

but all of them were selling for well over 500 Danish Crowns.

FXT90 Gold were a jaw dropping deal and gave the most value for moneY in this price bracket
tongue.gif

thX to head-fi for giving me a new taste of sound
gs1000.gif

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #13 of 19

Just received my JVC ha-fxt90 from Aliexpress in a bubble wrap (no box) . I paid 32.90 USD. It sounds so good that I don't even bother whether it is a fake or replica. A lot of details and the treble is sparklingly prominent. Bass is moderate but tight. Just the way I like it. I can safely say that it even sounds better than my current best earphones > Audio-technica ckx7 /IM50, Sony xba10 and Zero Audio carbo basso. As I said before this earphone is most likely a genuine anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back