Is there such a thing as an XLR to RCA digital cable?
May 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except that it is BNC on one end and XLR on the other. Does the BNC work for you?

No. It is RCA on one end (for the source) and BNC connected to this adapter on the other end (that will also transform the impedance to 110 ohms) that will enable you to connect to XLR on the DAC.
So you end up with RCA on one end and XLR 110 ohms on the other end.
Just order RCA/BNC cable from Blue Jeans Cable, and I'll try it with this adapter.

May 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by is2us /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. It is RCA on one end (for the source) and BNC connected to this adapter on the other end (that will also transform the impedance to 110 ohms) that will enable you to connect to XLR on the DAC.
So you end up with RCA on one end and XLR 110 ohms on the other end.
Just order RCA/BNC cable from Blue Jeans Cable, and I'll try it with this adapter.

Let us know how that works for you. Keep in mind that Single ended output has two issues when you try to use it to drive Balanced. The impedance is one thing, the level is the other. SE is -10dB level. Balanced is +4 dB level. When I have tried what you are trying in the past, I had irritating HUM issues. The Balanced connector is getting a signal that is too low if you use a SE source. This makes you have to crank on the Vol control a lot. I just recently did this and it worked a lot better because I used an active device to do the matching.

This is what I used, works great:

Parts-Express.com:*ART CleanBOX Stereo Balanced/Unbalanced Converter | interface adaptor line level consumer transformer

I actually bought the same type box from another vendor for less, but this is the idea. No noise, nice quality signal coming out feeding $3500 digital monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back