is there something wrong with my hearing?
Nov 15, 2005 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

skybl4ck

100+ Head-Fier
a year ago, i got sony EX71SL's in which i thought they sounded great, but i noticed it couldn't isolate well and i occasionally pumped up the vol. on my ipod.

i think that might have did something to my hearing, but i'm sure as to what. i remember pangs from the canal in my ear, but after changing to e2c's they have overtime stopped.

maybe i'm just making a big fuss, but it music doesn't sound as dynamic as it use d to be, but that might be psychological. i've recently had a hearing test for school, but i passed that.

basically, is there a way to check this out?

Nov 15, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 2
It is all in your head. People into music think they have hearing loss because they care about their hearing. Things like taking a shower, using a hair dryer, driving with the windows down, snow skinning (wind in your ears), and city traffic have just as big as an effect if not more. I say more because you can never get away from the noise.

You could have hearing problems. The first sine would be a loud ringing in you ears. Everyone has ringing but I am talking about ringing you can hear over other things. Like how your ears ring after a concert.

Anyway get them checked at the doctor if you really want to know and ask for the report/printout. Also you can wear ear plugs around for awhile and it will in turn heighten you sensitivity. It will not fix your hearing but you will get used to the quiet and things will “seem” louder.

How long would you listen to you EX71s in one day? Hearing lost is very time dependant. It is good to take breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back