Is there anyway to get rid of static in songs?
May 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

f23blackwidow2

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a lot of old rock albums, and almost all of them have static recorded in the music, so no amount of fiddling with my amp and headphones can block it out. Is there any program that I can run the music files through to clean them up? They are saved as ALAC (Apple Loss-less) on iTunes, ripped from CD's. 

I listen through a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 250 OHM, driven by a JDS Labs C5D Amp+DAC. This is a problem with the music, not the equipment. And yes, I know I can change the gain on the C5D, and it hasn't had a significant effect on these files because the noise is embedded in the recording.

Thanks,

F23

May 29, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 4
"Tape hiss" as it's called is considered a good thing in most audiophile circles. It means noise reduction has not been applied. Noise reduction, while it might remove hiss, will also remove other subtleties present in the recording. It's a by product of playing back an analog tape.

May 29, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 4
And it makes ccr sound like their music is from the 60's... WHICH IT IS!! So I'm ok with it. It doesn't really bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back