Is there anything that sounds similar to the TripleFi 10 in about the same price range?
Jan 25, 2012 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mister Bean

New Head-Fier
I recently left my TF 10 vis on a plane. It was sort of a sad day, but not entirely. I liked the sound, but pretty much nothing else about them. It seemed that no matter what tips I used they had a tendency to fall out and I could never get as much isolation as I expected. I have some Etymotic ER20 ear plugs which are supposed to be good for about 20 dB of sound reduction, and the TF 10s claim about 26 dB of reduction, but it was never anywhere near what I get from the ear plugs. The in cable mic was also terrible, so I usually carried the standard iPhone buds with me for their better mic. They were big. And the cord was poorer quality than just about any other buds or IEMs I've seen. 

So I'm looking for some new IEMs now, in the $175 or less range that sound similar, but fit better. Preferably something that has an in-cord mic that doesn't sound awful. 

I was going to send them off to be re-shelled, but never got around to it. And now I don't want to buy another set of TF 10s just to spend another hundred or whatever it would cost for the reshelling. 

I'm curious about the Ety HF3, but from what I've read it's going to have a very different sound. Has anyone compared them? What else is worth checking out? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back