Is There Anything Similar to The Beats Studio That Is Better And Cheaper.
Dec 11, 2011 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Xc568

New Head-Fier
I'm just looking something similar to the beats studios that have the same qualities, (over ear, better noise cancelling than those two pieces of crap on a u shaped piece of plastic for that price, balanced sound, comfy.) things like that. Just something similar. im SORT of a basshead, but i like balance. price range is $350 and below.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 27
You can just buy a fake ones, the sound quality is not much different (lol). I know couple headphones that look like that, I know Shure headphones have similiar design, especially SRH 240. Sadly, they are not very good in bass, but c'mon, they are much cheaper.

You can get many better headphones for $300 or even less, but if you want them to look good - that's what Beats are for.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #4 of 27
I would rather wear a pair of AT M50s for half the price, and I think they actually look nice too.  I think this is a case of ballancing style and substance, so its hard to advise people when "style" is subjective and personal.  If you really want comfort then Beyer DT770 would cover that side of things as well as pretty good isolation.  I like the look of Ultrasones but no really a fan of the s-logic sound, at least on the 2 cans I have demo'd.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #6 of 27
The ATH-M50 are definitely the pair of headphones that you're looking for. I've tried or owned a bunch of mid-fi closed headphones (Sennheiser HD 448, Shure SRH 440, the Beats, DENON AHD 1100), and i've never been as satisfied. The M50s are known for being high-quality, serious professional headphones that are also beefed up in the bass section. I honestly find the Beats to be way overpriced (atleast in terms of sound, I think the build quality, comfort, and design are all quite nice). The MSRP for the ATH-M50 is 200, they usually go for about 160, and you can often find them for around 120. I got mine at BH photo video. 

If you don't like the look of the ATH-M50, I can definitely recommend the Denon AHD 1100.

The Shure 240,440,840 line is a nice suggestion as well. They're fantastic headphones, but you might find the bass a bit lacking if you're looking for a Beats-like experience. (I owned the 440 myself). 

Dec 11, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #7 of 27
Hmm, a more beats-ish choice will probably be the Shure SRH750DJ, can't claim any personal experience but from what i heard it's bass goes deep without compromising clarity and something about the design just.... clicks with me.

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #8 of 27
Also, forgot to mention this: If noise cancelling and comfort is what you want -- then go with the Bose Quiet Comfort 2. From my experience, they're better in every category than the Beats, especially in noise-cancelling

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #9 of 27
My 10 years old plantronic headphone ($75 USD) has the same bass and muddy mid and treble just like beats Studio.

You want my plantronic for $300 ? lol :wink: it's dark navy blue with microphone attached.

I still have the original box if you like, :)

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 27

Quote:
The ATH-M50 are definitely the pair of headphones that you're looking for. I've tried or owned a bunch of mid-fi closed headphones (Sennheiser HD 448, Shure SRH 440, the Beats, DENON AHD 1100), and i've never been as satisfied. The M50s are known for being high-quality, serious professional headphones that are also beefed up in the bass section. I honestly find the Beats to be way overpriced (atleast in terms of sound, I think the build quality, comfort, and design are all quite nice). The MSRP for the ATH-M50 is 200, they usually go for about 160, and you can often find them for around 120. I got mine at BH photo video. 

If you don't like the look of the ATH-M50, I can definitely recommend the Denon AHD 1100.

The Shure 240,440,840 line is a nice suggestion as well. They're fantastic headphones, but you might find the bass a bit lacking if you're looking for a Beats-like experience. (I owned the 440 myself). 

The bass is WEAK really, if you want a better version and i mean much better with REAL BASS, get the audio technica 700 pro MKII

Dec 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #12 of 27
First off, DT770s need amps to sound like they should. Next, M50s do not by any means have weak bass. 

Here are some:

Ultrasone HFI-580 or DJ1( same headphone)
Shure SRH-840
Shure SRH-750 DJ
M50

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #13 of 27

Quote:
First off, DT770s need amps to sound like they should. Next, M50s do not by any means have weak bass. 

Here are some:

Ultrasone HFI-580 or DJ1( same headphone)
Shure SRH-840
Shure SRH-750 DJ
M50

They are 80 ohm, they DONT NEED "proper amp" a fiio e11 or e10 will do it, they are under 80 bucks, the hfi 580 asound metallic and have harsh highs and getting the M50's IS WORTHLESS when the 700 pro MKII exist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back