Is there anything near the LG V10 for it's price range?
Sep 29, 2017 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AndroidVageta

500+ Head-Fier
Been using my LG V10 as a stand alone DAP (ESS Sabre) and it sounds pretty good...reviews are pretty good...but that stuff is a couple years old now. I was just wondering if there's anything near the ~$200 price range these go for that sound as good?

How high would I have to go to get better? I just want something smaller, preferably with finer volume adjustment (the V10 only has 15 steps without using the touch screen), and possibly balanced out, if it really makes a difference.

So yeah, just a little advice if possible, thanks!

Sep 30, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Lol, dude ease up a little. The V10 is great, as is, for $200 might better to stack with a nice dac/amp like the opus #11, cayin n5, or similar

Not sure you will get a better screen, faster processor, wifi,Bluetooth,lte etc that the V10 offers at your price point

But if you must go single device,. An older dx90 might suit you, try and find a used pioneer xdp100r on headfi

Sep 30, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 5
Lol, dude ease up a little.

Sorry, it's not the first time a thread has just gone unnoticed around here for me. Hell, most of the time I search and find threads with questions or issues I have those threads went unanswered as well. Very weird like that around here I've noticed...people don't seem to talk much about just random stuff. It has to be about their hardware and it's respective thread. Anyways...

Yeah, thought about the separate amp combo for the better volume control (power isn't really an issue with my headphones) but then that's just more bulk.

I remember the DX90, use to own one, liked it but ultimately got rid of it because the USB DAC has a delay and was unusable for me. I remember liking the sound though...DX80 perhaps? Hmm...price is the factor as well. Was really looking for something sub-$200 which doesn't look possible for the same quality.

Do we perhaps know of any Korean or Chinese brands that could perhaps compete? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back