Is there ANYONE willing to educate ?
Feb 2, 2010 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

downsize

Member of the Trade
I am a TERRIBLY computer illiterate human, who has NO IDEA what he's doing with his first laptop when it comes to computer audio, CD burning, lossless files, computer as a source, ect .....

Is there ANYONE who would be kind enough to take the time to PM or call and help me get my laptop set up, and a simple basic understanding of what the hell I am doing ?

Yes, I have searched, but I know so much of NOTHING about computers that NOTHING makes sense to me that I have read !

I'd be forever grateful.

Feb 2, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Ripping (to lossless or compressed): I recommend the paid version of dbpoweramp. It's accurate, checks with an online database, fast, and easy to use.
CD burning: unneccessary in this day and age
Sound card etc: depends on what equipment you already have.

Feb 2, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 5
I've been a computer tech for a while now, just check my signature. = D I can help educate in any way you need.

Feb 2, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #5 of 5
I find no use for CD burning unless you want to use it for a car or some kind of function like that.

Ripping to lossless will depend on what OS you are using. When I still had windows EAC was a good choice but now that I'm running Linux I go for Ruby Ripper which imo is the most accurate ripper for linux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back