Is there anyone in the UK that would help me with my gamma2
Jun 6, 2010 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

simwells

100+ Head-Fier
I started building my Gamma2 a while back now and discovered that the smallest surface mount components are just too small for my abilities, having found a Mini^3 really easy I wasn't expected this as I hadn't realised how much more difficult it would be. So is there anyone that could check my existing surface mount components and solder on the one I can't seem to manage and test it for me? Preferably someone who already owns and has built one.

Also what would be a realistic cost for getting this done? I would of course post it to whoever could help me.

Thanks

Simeon

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #3 of 10
Oh poo yeah forgot I got a little carried away!

The non soldered chip is in an are with some of the most space though, not that that makes it ideal.

Picture is here, apologies about the quality:

Jun 6, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #5 of 10
I'm not sure I've tried multiple times and I just can't seem to get it right, I'm not confident in the quality of the soldering on U5 either to be honest.

Nah all 8 pins are there the photo just makes one look like it's missing, and yes it will be

Jun 7, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 10
I don't see enough flux 
tongue_smile.gif

What method are you using to solder those down?  If you're not already doing so, a liberal amount of flux on the pads + some solder on your tip should make soldering those chips pretty easy.

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #9 of 10
If there is too much solder on the pins, add some liquid flux and use desoldering braid, heat for a couple of seconds to remove the excess solder, leaving just enough, then test with your MM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back