is there anyone from Michigan? aroud Saginaw, Lansing?
Oct 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Liang

Head-Fier
do we have Michigan HIFI meeting in the future? i search a lot, but there are only a little post about it. i cannot even find a headphone store around me except for Best Buy, need helppppppppp, Michigan Headfiers,,,

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 29
Hi Liang!

We've had at least four meets this year in the southern MI area. Of the ones that I know of, one was in Kalamazoo in August, one in Ann Arbor, one in Detroit, and one in Grand Rapids...I guess that is more mid-MI. I haven't heard anything about another anytime soon, but I am definitely down for another one. With the Chicago meet and RMAF around the corner, I am not really sure there will be any until later though. I can't make it to either of those, but I'd say keep an eye here for postings. I'm guessing we'll see one in the Jan-Feb range. I'd try to host another, but I'm in the middle of remodeling/moving.

Cheers,
wotts

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 29
As a fellow Michigander, I must say I'd be very interested in attending a meet. I can also vouge for there not being any good head-fi stores around here. A Head-Fi branded chain of stores would be a life-saver. Until that day, Amazon is my best friend.

Wotts, if you could keep us up to speed, you'd be the greatest thing to happen to the greatest thing to happen to this state since the Model T. And the Model T was flipping amazing. That is all.

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 29
I'm sure we'll see something soon. I'm definitely open to a meet later this month or in early December.

Quote:
As a fellow Michigander, I must say I'd be very interested in attending a meet. I can also vouge for there not being any good head-fi stores around here. A Head-Fi branded chain of stores would be a life-saver. Until that day, Amazon is my best friend.

Wotts, if you could keep us up to speed, you'd be the greatest thing to happen to the greatest thing to happen to this state since the Model T. And the Model T was flipping amazing. That is all.

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 29
Liang - I feel your pain, as I'm smack dead center of the mitten too - over by Alma.  We should organize a mid-michigan meet and do something....i'd love to get my ears cozied up to some different cans than mine...I suppose worst case we could car pool downstate if something comes up...I was just on here to see if there was anything happening sometime soon and found this thread.  Anyway, time to subscribe and see what comes of this thread... 
basshead.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 29
wotts told me that he may hold a meeting next year around Feb. so i guess we can just wait for that. and actually they do have some meetings this year but dont know it. what a pity. if there will be another meeting for sure post it earlier!! thx a lot.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 29
I see I missed this years, if another is being setup ill drive pretty much anywhere to get to it. I'd also like to mention Audio Advisor is in Grand Rapids, they carry Grado, HiFiMan and a bunch of other stuff! Ann Arbor I believe also has a few stores yet.

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #9 of 29
I'd love to get a small meet together.  I'm in East Lansing, MI.

I missed this years too!

May 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #11 of 29
Let's get some people together.  I would be really, really interested in doing this.

I'm good to meet in the Ann Arbor area too.  There might be more rich head-fiers out there since Ann Arbor has some money in it.  Rich head-fiers have more cool/expensive gear. 

Anyone in the lower Michigan area!?

May 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #12 of 29
I can probably line a place up (church fellowship hall) but its in mid-michigan - almost dead center of state.  Decent power and lots of space....sadly I don't have much in the equipment arena to offer....

May 2, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:
I can probably line a place up (church fellowship hall) but its in mid-michigan - almost dead center of state.  Decent power and lots of space....sadly I don't have much in the equipment arena to offer....

Mid-Michigan is fine.  Take a look and see if its possible for you to line it up.  Don't worry about the gear, we'll find people.  

I can bring:

- ODAC
- Opus DAC
- Bijou amp
- EHHA rev A amp
- O2 amp
- T50RP's with BMF/Dahmintor mods
- HE-500's
- Beyer DT1350's maybe

And a possible.........

Frank Cooter based 56/46 amp!?!?  Probably won't be done in time.

May 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #14 of 29
Keep me posted on this. I drive to Lansing a few times a month and driving a little way from there won't hurt me.

May 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #15 of 29
We should probably do some figuring on dates....considering I'm the pastor, I think i can schedule it for just about any time.....
biggrin.gif
  One thing though, there is NO wifi, and cell service is not so hot, we're in the country out here (1hr north of Lansing, 30 mins west of Saginaw)

Saturday is best....9-3???

I can bring:
HD650 (stock cable & canare cable I built)
DT770 pro (recabled)
HD205

Fiio E7
Zero dac/amp
Darkvoice 332 amp

iMac
Macbook pro
New iPad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back