Is there anyone else who is more excited about Star Trek than the HD800?
May 9, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #31 of 46
It was fun (quite many years ago) to read about psychoanalysis of Star Treck characters. It concluded that captain was the only 'normal' one... (sure, its funny if somebody tries to analyze fantasy movie characters, maybe it would be even more 'normal' to analyze film wrighters or directors)...

May 9, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #32 of 46
Can't share the enthusiasm for the movie since I never was a Trekkie. Can't share the enthusiasm for the HD800 since I'll never hear one let alone entertain the possibility of owning it.
smile_phones.gif

May 9, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #34 of 46
Well, I just saw the new movie. As much as I enjoyed it, I'm more excited about the HD800.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #36 of 46
I'm more excited about the rumored Quantum Leap re-make featuring 50 cent. The plot supposedly involves him selling poisoned dro to a teenage Hitler.

May 10, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #37 of 46
I hope it shows in Japan...I wanna see it
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #41 of 46
Saw it Friday. Worth a mid day matinee. The trailers from upcoming movies looks like there will be some more good sci-fi movies later this year. Terminator, GI Joe (and others I don't recall the names of) look to be pretty good. Special effects are getting really cool.

There were some phrases in the movie that you wouldn't hear on tv. Bones is the best. Everyone gave a whoop when you heard Scottie's immortal phrase, "I'm given her all she's got".

May 10, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #42 of 46
I didn't know Winona Ryder was in the movie until I saw her name in the credits.

The movie was fast, it didn't give much time for character development and time for viewers to absorb. But despite that, it was a good movie. At least it got here before HD800.
smile.gif

Time to buy its soundtrack.

May 11, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't know Winona Ryder was in the movie until I saw her name in the credits.

Yeah, and I did not know Sonita Henry [she played the President's aide in The Fifth Element] was in the movie until the credits rolled.
regular_smile .gif

May 11, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #44 of 46
Just saw got back a few minutes ago from a viewing (I live very close to a movie theater) and saw the DLP screen version and I loved the movie!!!

The sound in my theater was amazing too. The movie is very well cast and I even got emotional and almost cried. It was wonderful. Highly, enthusiastically recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back