Is there anybody who can recommend the audio interface
Sep 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xinyuzhao

New Head-Fier
I have a DAC but only support usb 2.0 and cannot support 3.0 so I would like to buy a audio interface can support 3.0 and price not more than 500 better around 200 (include the cable) better can tell me where to buy.(dont mind used)

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 7
Is there even any audio that can take advantage of USB 3.0?

Sep 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 7
  I have a DAC but only support usb 2.0 and cannot support 3.0 so I would like to buy a audio interface can support 3.0 and price not more than 500 better around 200 (include the cable) better can tell me where to buy.(dont mind used)

This does zero for you. You're chasing a number. There's zero point to USB 3.0 currently in audio interfacing.

Is there even any audio that can take advantage of USB 3.0?

Bandwidth is the only reason the protocol has advanced. Current audio data rates simply do not saturate USB 2.0, not even close.

Very best,

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 7
This does zero for you. You're chasing a number. There's zero point to USB 3.0 currently in audio interfacing.

Yes. But the OP obviously likes bigger. Can't you tell by the unnecessarily extra large font size in his post? :wink:

xinyuzhao: But seriously. USB 3.0 is completely unnecessary for a DAC. Think of it like water going through a garden hose where you have plenty of water coming out for your plants without the pressure (the faucet) even being turned up much. USB 2.0 is more than big enough to stream audio to the DAC. Adding a bigger pipe (USB 3.0) will accomplish nothing. Focus instead on getting the best sounding DAC you can for your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back