Is there any way to set an equalizer for Firefox?
Feb 13, 2010 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hbfs

New Head-Fier
I just bought a pair of Sony MDR-XB500's, and I'm finding that the bass is a bit overwhelming. I can easily just adjust it through an equalizer in my music player, but is there any way to do that on Firefox? My YouTube videos sound like the treble is muffled.

Feb 13, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #2 of 5
Do you listen to the same YouTube videos often? Just download them and play them in your favorite player.

Get the Firefox extension Download Helper to do that.

Also, refer to my sig to see how I feel about the Sony XtraBass series.

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 5
With my desktop speaker firmware, I happened to have a "Sound Effect Manager" installed that could be found under control panel. You can adjust a variety of effects: Concert Hall, Underwater, Bathroom, etc. as well as alter a 10 band eq. In short, it functions as a -Computer EQ that modifies all of the headphone/speaker outs from the soundcard. I'm not sure if it's compatible with you, but you might want to check it out-or something similar for that matter.

Here's a quick link that I found:
Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect Manager on Wakoopa

Of course, ripping, converting, and playing videos would also work...

Good Luck Anyhow

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 5
A bit late to the party but here's a solution that handles not just the browser but the whole system:

http://www.profoundsoundaudio.com/home.html

Unfortunately there seems no way to completely eliminate all effects but the equalizer.  Turning all effects off still results in some of the "Surround" effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back