Is there any way to play music on my stereo system wirelessly from my phone/laptop?
Dec 3, 2011 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gregr507

100+ Head-Fier
I have speakers set up in most rooms of my house in the ceilings. It is all controlled from the basement (i.e. where the music plays, and the reciever is there too). I'd like to be able to play music over the system via wifi.

But the thing is, I don't want to have to use a specific program like i-tunes. I just want to be able to output anything coming from my computer or phone (samsung galaxy s2) to play over the home speaker system.

For example, if I'm using my galaxy s2, I'd like to be able to play a song stored on my phone over the speaker system. Then play something from youtube over it. Then switch to my laptop and be able to do the same thing. Basically I don't want to have to be tied down to a specific audio program, just want to play any audio (unless of course there is a program that can do this, i.e. output audio from multiple sources like youtube, mp3, etc.).

I'm sorry if I haven't explained this very clearly, but I hope I got across what I'd like to accomplish. If anyone knows how to do this, that would be great. If there's anything I need to clarify, just ask. Thanks in advance! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back