is there any software that can...
Apr 5, 2007 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pablobaluba

100+ Head-Fier
show you the power your speakers/headphones work at? i want to know at how much dB am i listening.

i know there are programs for frequencies response, all kind of tests and i was wondering if you know osmething like this. of course if you plug the headp[hones directly in the sound card.

Apr 5, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 5
I would venture to guess that there would not be software for this. I'm sure there is a program to determine the current and voltage running to the headphones, but headphones vary in response to this power. For example, a pair of IEMs will get quite loud (dB) with lower power than a pair of Beyer DT880s. This has to do with the impedance of the headphones and the sensitivity.
However, I could be wrong and there may be a program that if you knew and could enter the impedence and the sensitivity values.

Many people when they want to find how loud their headphones are at listening levels will build a contraption using a dB meter.

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 5
what you're talking about is an SPL meter, and it's a piece of hardware.

Apr 6, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 5
Bump to see if such software exists, it plausibly could, just a simple calculator. Might be better off in the Comp as source forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back