Is there any reason to keep both SR60i and D1001?
Nov 5, 2009 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TobaccoRoad

500+ Head-Fier
I bought both planning to return one of them after couple weeks. Now I don't want to return either of them. I listen to almost every genres, and both seem to excel at different points, but they are relatively similar. I guess I answered my own question..but still can anyone encourage me to return one of them or suggest a different solution?

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 10
Personally, I would use the SR60i as a home pair for every genre except for classical and the D1001 as my portable pair since it has a shorter cable and is more comfortable (and partially closed).

There, that's my reasoning on keeping both.

-Nylan

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 10
Have a reason, you shouldn't need to ask other people about your own preferences
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #5 of 10
I have both the D1001 and SR80s (which were essentially SR60s with bowl pads). I also have SR325is and Senn 650s as my home cans. Having two or more pairs of headphones to switch between is fairly common.

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #7 of 10
Well, If you want to keep them and are able to... then just do it. You can always sell either/both later when you don't want to have them.

cheers!

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I would use the SR60i as a home pair for every genre except for classical and the D1001 as my portable pair since it has a shorter cable and is more comfortable (and partially closed).

There, that's my reasoning on keeping both.

-Nylan

this.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #9 of 10
There's every reason to keep both. One's open, one's closed. One's on the bright side, the other darkish. One's a Denon, the other's a Grado. One's portable, the other's really not. One looks stylish and modern, the other looks so dorky it's cool. They're both extremely high performers in a relatively inexpensive class. They are both among about a dozen headphones given five stars on HeadRoom. They're both on HeadRoom's top ten list (yes, I'm a HeadRoom fanboy). Need I go on? Do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back