Is there any portable that can match Grado SR225?
Nov 7, 2008 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

CyberGhost

100+ Head-Fier
I like Grado's in your face sound, and I'd like to get something more portable like it,

I prefer earphones over in-ears, I heard Yuins are great, but never tried them.

Any suggestions?

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 5
I like Yuin PK2 and PK1's. You'll need to amplify the PK1's. Both are pretty good and are excellent ear buds. There are some other Yuin offerings that are worth considering. Search for reviews. My wife loves her Pk2's and I like my PK1's (amazing bass response for an ear bud--but I think amping helps this along).

Cheers!

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #3 of 5
If you want an IEM the triplefi 10 reminds me a lot of the SR225, except maybe it has more bass. But both has lots of highs, great clarity, great speed and is uncomfortable.

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want an IEM the triplefi 10 reminds me a lot of the SR225, except maybe it has more bass. But both has lots of highs, great clarity, great speed and is uncomfortable.

For my first post.....I agree with the above! 225 and TF10 are my favorites
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

agreed on most parts, but still lacks that grado "screaming guitar" coloration though
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back