Is there any IEM that doesn't isolate?
Feb 1, 2008 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

intoflatlines

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there a cheap headphone out there that fits like an IEM but doesn't isolate as much?

I plan on using one driver for when I'm at baseball games and I want to listen to the play by play on the radio, but I don't want one ear to be isolate and the other not. Earbuds don't work well with me, as they are very uncomfortable. I don't want to use cans either because I want it to be more discrete and portable.

Any suggestions?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 12
i dunno, if something plugs your ear canal, you would think it blocks outside sound right?

something with a bad seal might work, but then the sound won't be as good.

or you can look at canalphones, which don't go as deep but still have to isolate

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #7 of 12
x3 to the v-moda vibes, they specifcally have an air hole because they are not meant to 100% isolate music

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #8 of 12
The Vibes are too expensive but thanks for the suggestions. This is just for use with a portable AM radio only. They will get wet and dirty and I am probably going to have to recable them first anyway. Anything cheap or should I just get a pair of Coby or whatever cheap IEMs?

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Vibes are too expensive but thanks for the suggestions. This is just for use with a portable AM radio only. They will get wet and dirty and I am probably going to have to recable them first anyway. Anything cheap or should I just get a pair of Coby or whatever cheap IEMs?

You could try the JVC marshmellows then, they come fairly cheap and, at least for my ears, dont provide complete isolation

or like others have said, gvie the yuin pk3s a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Back