Is there a way for my cdp to read cd-r media?
Sep 2, 2001 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MooGoesTheCow

500+ MOOOderator: Needs a better MOOOOmate
Hi all,

I own a Mooridian 586 cd player. I've tried a number of blank media in it, from sony to fuji to tdk to noname brands. Doesn't work. Won't read em. Moo.

Are there any other brands out there you think might have a chance? Some "audio" approved brand? I don't mind paying extra if I know it'll work. Most of my cd's are purchased, but once in a while I would like to hear a mix or something I downloaded and burned.

(Good thing my headamp has 2 inputs so I can plug in my portable, which does read cd-r media
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Thanks!

Sep 2, 2001 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 5
I just took a look at the Meridian's manual, and it specifically says it won't play CD-Rs, right near the beginning. Sorry.
frown.gif

Sep 2, 2001 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 5
Aren't Mooridians using tweaked DVD-roms for transport? So what happened if you got a hand on some DVD-burner (computer version becoming cheaper and cheaper), and burned a DVD with like 50 CD's worth of stuff on it. Would the Mooridian be able to play it? That would definitely make it one sweet CD player...mooore than it already is of course.

Otherwise I think you might have difficulty with normal CD-R variety. Have you tried a 1x burn yet?

Sep 2, 2001 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 5
Moo: I'd assume going for different brands wouldn't help. Probably you should rather watch out for the different materials of the layer that's burnt (such as phtalocyanin...) and try these systematically. I guess, you could find out more about these at the manufacturers' websites. Maybe you can find one that works on your cdp... Hopefully... Audio brands won't help, because they only contain a kind of info header required for audio cd recorders.

Greetings from SF!

Manfred / lini

Sep 2, 2001 at 4:40 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

TimD said...

So what happened if you got a hand on some DVD-burner (computer version becoming cheaper and cheaper), and burned a DVD with like 50 CD's worth of stuff on it. Would the Mooridian be able to play it?

Now THAT would be a really cool trick if it worked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back