Is there a tube amp with crossfeed abilities?
Sep 24, 2004 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Bayerdynamic

New Head-Fier
As the title says, I'm looking for a tube amp that has an integrated crossfeed. The reason for this questions obviously is that I want a tube amp to drive my Senn HD 650 with but I just can't live without crossfeed. However, at the same time I don't want to use an external crossfeed device anymore because of the added components in the signal chain (cdp analog out, cable, crossfeed analog in, crossfeed analog out) and the cost of an extra cable.

Well, there are many many good SS amps with crossfeed (corda, ppa, etc.) but I just can't think of a tube amp with crossfeed. Well, maybe some of you guys do.
Thanks

Sep 24, 2004 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 10
I believe Mikhail can include a crossfeed on his Singlepower amps but you might want to get in touch with him and talk it over with him personally.

Sep 25, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
I believe Mikhail can include a crossfeed on his Singlepower amps but you might want to get in touch with him and talk it over with him personally.

Your right. I've asked him about this and he does have a crossfeed he can use on the amp if you want. www.singlepoweraudio.com

Sep 25, 2004 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 10
You can always go to the Meier website and pick up one of his Corda-Cross boxes. These can be used with ANY amplifier or whatever you want...

I find crossfeed useful only for very old recordings especially old Jazz.

newer recordings (last 20 years) are ruined by crossfeed IMHO.

Sep 25, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayerdynamic
...I don't want to use an external crossfeed device anymore because of the added components in the signal chain (cdp analog out, cable, crossfeed analog in, crossfeed analog out) and the cost of an extra cable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
You can always go to the Meier website and pick up one of his Corda-Cross boxes. These can be used with ANY amplifier or whatever you want...

rolleyes.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayerdynamic
As the title says, I'm looking for a tube amp that has an integrated crossfeed. The reason for this questions obviously is that I want a tube amp to drive my Senn HD 650 with but I just can't live without crossfeed. However, at the same time I don't want to use an external crossfeed device anymore because of the added components in the signal chain (cdp analog out, cable, crossfeed analog in, crossfeed analog out) and the cost of an extra cable.

Well, there are many many good SS amps with crossfeed (corda, ppa, etc.) but I just can't think of a tube amp with crossfeed. Well, maybe some of you guys do.
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero

Funny, in fact I just wrote an email to Singlepower yesterday asking the same question.

Well, it'd be awesome if that was true.

Sep 25, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #8 of 10
> I'm looking for a tube amp that has an integrated crossfeed.

Audio Valve is currently working on an all-tube amp that has crossfeed. It will be produced exclusively for Meier-Audio. It should be ready in a few months.

Also Headroom did have plans for producing their own tube amps but I'm not sure whether these will be realized.

Cheers,

Jan

Sep 26, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
Audio Valve is currently working on an all-tube amp that has crossfeed. It will be produced exclusively for Meier-Audio. It should be ready in a few months.

Also Headroom did have plans for producing their own tube amps but I'm not sure whether these will be realized.

Cheers,

Jan

This looks really promising. Could you tell me more about it (approximate price range, availabilty date, is it a step up in comparison to the RKV MKII, etc.)?

So far, it seems that the Singlepower amps and the upcoming Audio Valve are the only tube amps that offer crossfeed.

Does anybody have further info on the Headroom tube amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back