Is there a TORONTO meeting coming up???
Apr 30, 2004 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

dsrjohn

Head-Fier
Hi

I am new to this forum (just over a week) and have been actively searching for a headphone amp for my Sennheiser HD-575s. I've been posting and emailing people with amps for sale. Someone suggested I meet with Toronto Head-Fiers. I heard people sometimes meet and show off their gear. Is this happening any time soon? Would anyone be willing to show off their gear to me? I've been considering ASL MG-Head, Musical Fidelity XCANs, Creek OBH, Rega, etc and now also considering Headroom, Meier Audio, Slee Solo, and on and on. Any helpful advice/listening sessions would be appreciated.

thank you

john

May 3, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 20
Hi

I am willing to have it at my place as long as the number of people is not too high (apartment) and people understand that it is being done for purely selfish reasons (i.e. to listen to some gear before I buy a headphone amp)
wink.gif
. I don't have a headphone amp at the moment - just Sennheiser HD-575 headphones. Have other speaker gear though. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm downtown (King and Bathurst).

john

May 6, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 20
Hi

Well it depends what you mean by big. My apt is over 1000 square feet and the living dining room is fairly large but that is relative. Depends how many people would come out and how much stuff. I could accomodate a few different set ups in the space. Let me know what you think.

I have a Consonace Cyber 10 tube amp/headphone amp (that I am trying to sell), Sennheiser HD575 headphone, Roksan CD player, Audio Analogue Puccini SE integrated amp.

john

May 8, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 20
Any free or cheap parking in your area or would I have to take the stinkin' subway? I'm bumming it at the moment so I'm free to drop by anytime. Amp-wise the only one I'm willing to transport is my mint-tin Gilmore, and I do have Senn 580s and Grado 225s to listen to as well as a bunch of DIY cables.

I know it's rather short notice, but can we get the meet to happen sometime in the next week to 10 days? Reason is after that I'll likely be working again and my availability is iffy at best when that happens.

May 10, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #9 of 20
Well there is guest parking but if that is full there is also sidestreet parking or meter parking on King (I'm just past Bathurst). Anyone interested? A wednesday or thursday evening would probably be ok as next weekend is out and the weekend after that as well. Who wants to bring what?? Any small tube amps? Corda HA-1 or 2? Let me know.

john

May 10, 2004 at 6:23 PM Post #10 of 20
Works for me, let me know the day, time, & address and I'll be there with the equipment I mentioned in my previous post. If there's parking I could bring my DIY tube amp along, but it's uncased & rather fragile so I'd rather not move it around.

May 11, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #11 of 20
I could come as well depending on when it is [also unemployed right now
frown.gif
]

I can bring everything in my sig
wink.gif

May 11, 2004 at 3:17 PM Post #12 of 20
Please email me at jr@tht.net if you are interested in the Toronto meet. I'll need your name, numbers, etc and preferred dates and what equipment you want to bring (don't want to over do it). LEt me know if I am forgetting anything.

john

May 14, 2004 at 1:30 AM Post #13 of 20
I've just sent dsrjohn an email. Who's coming for sure and do we know the date? I will bring...
1) MG Head DT the old version. I think the tubes are going tho'.
2) ER4P + Adapter
3) Senn. HD650
And maybe the Sony R50 MD player for the source.

May 14, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #14 of 20
I've also just sent an email myself. I'll be there with I think the same stuff I brought for the Waterloo meet. Since swalker's bringing Senn 650's there's a good chance I'll also bring my DIY tube amp along. That'll be pretty much everything listed in my profile that I'm bringing along. Sure hope there's some parking free since lugging this stuff around ain't gonna be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back