Is there a proper respectable headphone shop in Sydney?
Jan 29, 2014 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Xtralglactic

100+ Head-Fier
Just wanting to know if there is an equivalent "Noisy Motel" like shop in Sydney where they actually carry a wide selection of headphones. Aussie head fiers help!!

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 21
You mean a physical store correct, not just one based in Sydney?
Yea there's one. It's up in Newtown in the City. Pretty nice, really good selection. I'll try rememeber the adress + google maps and repost once I've found it.
Sorry I can't remember the adress or the name of the store

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #3 of 21
Oh yes the HIFi Trader.
http://www.hifitrader.com.au/webcontent8.htm
Check out the adress there. I went there once looking for some Audio Technica stuff, but that isn't sold there. A lot of the other major brands are though. 

Good Luck

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #4 of 21
Yep a physical store! Now that you say there is a shop in Newtown, it jogs my memory abit but I thought that was a BOSE shop...

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 21
  Yep a physical store! Now that you say there is a shop in Newtown, it jogs my memory abit but I thought that was a BOSE shop...

I'm not sure but I think that there might be a Bose shop in the area. I might be getting places mixed up though :S 

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 21
Oh yes! The only reason I thought It was a BOSE shop was that most of their front display were BOSE products....lol! But yes I recognized their shop graphic!

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #8 of 21
Hahahaha, thing is, I don't remember seeing Bose there. Well I guess that was a fail on my part, but it would make sense as most of the general public knows Bose as a solid brand, even though head fi'ers don't often think so. The shop is quite small by the way. If I remember correctly, there isn't too much space to walk around, but the store is pretty dense. 
Goodluck on finding what you want!

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #9 of 21
It seems Sydney hifi in castle hill has a range of audio technica's...

I did away and sold my Audio Technicas, but thanks for the heads up. Never even knew Castle Hill had an audiophile store. I'll keep this store in mind when I go looking for another set of headphones :)

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #10 of 21
Hey just wondering if you found what you want?
I think that i'm going to go there next month, and wondered what you thought of the store?

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #11 of 21
I Didn't end up going to the shop. I bought an unused HD650 from someone. Enjoying my hd650 actually. Now for the Fidelio X1... :)

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #12 of 21
I Didn't end up going to the shop. I bought an unused HD650 from someone. Enjoying my hd650 actually. Now for the Fidelio X1...
smily_headphones1.gif

Well damn. I think that I'm just going to go. Wouldn't hurt, and doesn't take too long for me to get there. I'll post back on this thread impressions and what it's like ( I will probably spend more than a couple mins there this time)

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #14 of 21
  Hi there,
Does anyone know where in Sydney I could listen to a woo audio WA6-SE and/or a schiit mjolinr?

Thanks.

MAYBE, the one at Newtown. But I can't say that I know any AUS based sellers that even stock either of the two. I haven't seen any of that around. Just call the shops and ask. 
Welcome to head-fi, and also, why so specific?

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #15 of 21
Addictedtoaudio in melbourne stock both, but I'm not heading down there anytime soon to try them out.
Those two amps seem to be highly regarded on here, and within the budget. Its for my new LCD-X cans. Ive never heard a tube amp before, and they are appealing but I can't buy without trying first...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back