Is there a portable way of getting a digital out from an ipod?
Jun 1, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 4
I own the Solo and it sounds fantastic.  Very pricy for a portable DAC though.  Considering selling mine to invest more into my home rig.  As great as it sounds I'm finding it challenging to get used to commuting with it.  The Solo plus the Rx MkII amp become a serious brick in my messenger bag.

Jun 2, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 4
Fostex has a one box solution that has both a dac and amp. It's more portable, but still very pricey. I knew eventually we would start seeing portable devices that could extract digital out of an ipod. That's why I didn't jump on the istreamer ban wagon. But like everything else when it's one of the "firsts", there isn't a solution that will be affordable for a lot of people. But I expect more and more products to come soon that will be more affordable. There's one that's coming soon from a Chinese company that's a little more affordable. But Initial results are, the sound quality is only decent and a little better than coming straight from the head out. And still, it will set you back 400-450.00. So I'm patiently waiting for something that has good sound to come along that will be 400.00 or less, and also be a one box solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back