is there a portable dac for..
Oct 29, 2015 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Falcon10275

New Head-Fier
i need a portable headphone amp/dac that has optical in for my xbox one and can be connected to my iphone 6 to listen to music? does such a thing exist? i dont see that any of the fiio have tos/spdif in?

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 3
i need a portable headphone amp/dac that has optical in for my xbox one and can be connected to my iphone 6 to listen to music? does such a thing exist? i dont see that any of the fiio have tos/spdif in?

Centrence Hifi M8 and Mini-M8 both have those inputs. An Astro MixAmp also has those, but it isn't a DAC. It sounds like you're trying to just listen to music through your headphones while also hearing game sounds, if so just get the Astro MixAmp. I have had my 2012 MixAmp Pro since it came out (sold the headset and now use a DT990 32ohm in it's place, with the MixAmp). The really great thing about the MixAmp is that you can connect your player (iPhone 6) into the back in the "MP3" input via a 3.5mm connector cable and hear the music while you're Xbox is sending it audio through the Optical input. If you want to add ANOTHER input, you can connect the USB cable that it uses for power into your PC and then switch your PC's sound output to the MixAmp as well. These things are the best for console gaming, hands down. Get one.

beerchug.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 3

A used Ibasso D10 or D12 - the D14 uses only USB now. The only current product from Ibasso with SPDIF inputs is the DB2, but that's a pure DAC and needs the PB2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back